Turkey/deer vest

Swamp_bucks

So I've been kicking around the idea of getting a vest for turkey hunting.  However not really a turkey hunter but since daughter and nephews want to i figured I would need to get some gear.  I want something I could use for both deer and turkey hunting so I get my money's worth.  So I've narrowed it down to 2 they are cheaper but I'm cheap.  But which ones would you guys want out of the 2 for both turkey and deer.

I really like the second one seems to be the best of both worlds but let me know what you think.

Screenshot_20200415-190231.png

Screenshot_20200415-190241.png

9 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

I have the second one...or maybe a little bigger version. It's an awesome pack....love it for deer hunting and they sell and add on for turning it into a turkey pack. 686df645f57770e2edf09210b473c475.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

can't beat that price. might get that myself. been using a field and stream vest for like 6-7 seasons now. I like it but that alps looks sweet especially for $27

• Like 1

I picked up an Ol' Tom vest a few years back and I dont see me needing any other type.. Is light weight, comfy cushion and plenty of storage room .. I also have a Tenzig Turkey tactical with kickstand and its been pretty good, just a little bulky due to the kickstand. I use it mostly for Predators hunting 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

I have the second one...or maybe a little bigger version. It's an awesome pack....love it for deer hunting and they sell and add on for turning it into a turkey pack. 686df645f57770e2edf09210b473c475.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Knowing they make that extras for it Ill be going with that one. Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

The most important function of a turkey vest over the most of my turkey hunting career has been a good, strong game pocket to carry out the bird.....Carrying a big gobbler over your shoulder, even with a turkey sling, gets old quick when you have to  a lug a heavy bird over steep and rough terrain for perhaps a mile or two to get back to the truck...

Vest #1 appears to have an ample game pocket...The second one looks like a very nice setup, but unless I am missing something, I don't  see any provision on it for carrying a big bird...

The way I hunt now, out of a blind, it is not so important, but for many, many years of running and gunning for turkeys over rugged terrain, a vest with a good game pocket saved me lots of pain..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pygmy said:

The most important function of a turkey vest over the most of my turkey hunting career has been a good, strong game pocket to carry out the bird.....Carrying a big gobbler over your shoulder, even with a turkey sling, gets old quick when you have to  a lug a heavy bird over steep and rough terrain for perhaps a mile or two to get back to the truck...

Vest #1 appears to have an ample game pocket...The second one looks like a very nice setup, but unless I am missing something, I don't  see any provision on it for carrying a big bird...

The way I hunt now, out of a blind, it is not so important, but for many, many years of running and gunning for turkeys over rugged terrain, a vest with a good game pocket saved me lots of pain..

There is an option of getting a game bag and call pockets extra.  I'm hoping it will be big enough since it has extra buckles on it that I can attach it to the top of the fanny pack.  Guess time will tell it should be here by monday.

• Like 1