Quick squirrel hunt

Skillet

Saturday, went out to my stand across the road from camp, sat in the stand till 0830, when a nice 9point came out, I was lucky enough to get him with a nice clean kill. Between sun up and 0830, I saw no less than 8 different grey squirrels in a walnut tree next to my stand. On Sunday afternoon, a bunch of guys drove off the area of my stand. Figuring that the area was already blown out for awhile, I decided to go out squirrel hunting in the stand. I got up there with my 22, and no more than 40 minutes later, I was on my way back to camp with a limit of greys. That was one of the most exciting hunts I have ever had. By far the quickest. Actually, I don't think I have ever limited out before. It's amazing how concentrated they can get in the late fall, when the mast is drying up.

Edited by Skillet

Saturday, went out to my stand across the road from camp, sat in the stand till 0830, when a nice 9point came out, I was lucky enough to get him with a nice clean kill. Between sun up and 0830, I saw no less than 8 different grey squirrels in a walnut tree next to my stand. On Sunday afternoon, a bunch of guys drove off the area of my stand. Figuring that the area was already blown out for awhile, I decided to go out squirrel hunting in the stand. I got up there with my 22, and no more than 40 minutes later, I was on my way back to camp with a limit of greys. That was one of the most exciting hunts I have ever had. By far the quickest. Actually, I don't think I have ever limited out before. It's amazing how concentrated they can get in the late fall, when the mast is drying up.

More squirrels then normall in my hunting area.Im not done hunting deer yet but when i i a then there will be fewer.Thats great that you got them.

how do you guys cook them up...never ate squirrel? are they like chicken?

Sort of like dark meat chicken, yeah. They are really lean so you need to use a method that either sears in the juices or slow cook in a liquid. They are good fried, and I also enjoy them in a crockpot.