Is the crosspoint sniper 370 a good choice

luberhill

I bought Centerpoint Sniper this year because of the good reviews it had. So far, I like my Barnett Recruit (speed = 300 fps) a little better, due to ease of handling.  The Sniper is much heavier and quite front-heavy.  Offhand shots would be tough with it.

Most of my stands have good shooting rails, so the front-heavy issue may not cause me problems.  The extra 70 fps speed should give the Sniper an edge over the Recruit on longer shots.  I will probably hunt with both this fall, matching the best crossbow to the conditions.   

As far as fit and finish, there is not much difference between the two entry-level models.  The Sniper is a little quieter, but the Recruit has a better trigger.  Both factory sights are ok.  The scope on the Sniper is clear and the crosshairs are right on at 20, 30, 40, and 50 yards.  I am not sure how it would do in low-light conditions.  The illuminated dot sight on the Recruit is very good in low light conditions, but needs a battery that might fail at the wrong time.