Hunting NY Regional Showdown

Chef

It was a good season all around and it was fun following this thread.  Hopefully it continues on.

I wouldnt mind doing some sort of public land challenge. Get a bunch of people together and pick a big piece of stateland and make it a  3 day weekend hunt.  No prior scouting allowed go in blind type of deal scout and hunt at the same time.  Find a camp sight that can hold us all.    

Edited by Swamp_bucks
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
True that. If you added mine in and then took then the number of people entered and took the top numbers I believe there only would have been a 9 point difference. Not to shabby. 
I couldve had 22 points but I passed decent bucks during early, regular, and late season.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Couple thoughts . I’d wait to a month or so, from bow opener to begin , as ,members here  , come and go , and some just drop right out of hunting , remember Dave 6x6 ? he was a hunting fool then pretty much just stopped .
Also ,members must be active and agree to be on the “ picked “ list, there’s a number of guys I’d pick, who don’t always , post their kills, so by agreeing to be pickable means they’d post it . 
thanks for doing this Rob .
It'd make it interesting to do points a way someone else mentioned. Doe and buck both more than a point but bucks add a point per antler point. Also if you have tags to fill and you're hunting you can still pull in points for who picked you that week. Otherwise a hunter who tagged a buck during any part of the season would be an obvious pass the next week during that same part of the season. Bucks still score big but filling doe tags could keep it close and interesting.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk