Can anyone explain these crossbow ?s

luberhill

I think I asked this before but someone said this year is different for southern zone 

1) all I need is a muzzleloader license with my big game to crossbow hunt ?

2) southern zone is the last two weeks of regular bow ?

3) what tags do I use ? And is it a buck or doe ?

this is confusing because you can also use my big game tag and doe tags ???

4) does it open back up for crossbow after gun for late muzzle loader ?

thank you 

18 minutes ago, G-Man said:

You will recieve a either sex tag for muzzleloader/crossbow , your doe tags are valid, you cannot use your regular season buck tag until late season.. after gun.

Ahh ok that’s what I thought but the guy at Walmart said something about the laws changed

The way I read it you can use the CB for late muzzleloader and fill ANY unused tags 

Just now, luberhill said:

Ahh ok that’s what I thought but the guy at Walmart said something about the laws changed

The way I read it you can use the CB for late muzzleloader and fill ANY unused tags 

Yes late season your regular buck tag becomes an either sex tag for muzzleloader/ crossbow

The archery course is not required for deer hunting with a crossbow, however if you take it, you can purchase an additional antler less tag that may be used in all but a few Adirondack dmu's. That tag is very valuable in some zones that don't give out dmp's, or where they are real tough to get.

Now would be a great time to take that archery course, because as long as the covid pandemic goes on, you can do it on-line.

I would love to see 3 antleted  buck tags for NY hunters who purchase bow, ml, and regular season tags but the trophy hunting lobby has prevented that.  Taking up to 7 antlerless bucks is ok however.

• Like 1