my grams old country home

Red

my grandma had a house in franklinville in the southerntier for a little over 10 years not much land just a few acres with about 20 abandoned acres surrounding hers with a wuildlife sacntuary behind it. when i was a teenager i use to love going there every weekend even a week or so at a tie uring hunting season use to see deer every where even bob cat. well she worked 67 miles away and traveled back and forth every day and as gas got more expensive she had to move closer to her job. so she rents out the property to a family who over the course of almost a year never pays her rent and she eventually is able to evict them but during this process these people threw trash every where around the land. then my grandmother gave up on the property and was letting the land go for fore closer or whatever. so the past year ive been trying to contact everyone and anyone about purchasin the land i took a ride out there earlier this week its 750' off of the road i get there the door is kicked in some one smashed the sky litre to one of the rooms and stole all the plumbing stove new furnace tub everything what a joke. people cant just leave things alone.

sorry for such a long post kind of wanted to vent. im still gonna buy the place my wife has always love it. it just looks like im gonna have a lot of work a head of me when i eventually get the place gonna have to completly gut out 2 rooms and replace tons of stuff.

Sorry to hear about the vandalism to your grandmas house. Once you get it back into shape you should hook up with your closest neighbor and ask him/her to keep an eye on it when you are not around. The place I got up in Germantown we befriended the neighbor across the street. We bring him homemade wine and homemade sopressata etc and give him a few bucks around the holidays for his trouble. If he sees an unknown vehicle enter the driveway he will get in his car and drive up following the car. He knows all the cars that should be there. If there's a power outage in the winter hell go in the house to light the wood stove to keep the house warm and keep the pipes fron freezing. He and his wife even feed the chickens in the coop and harvest the eggs. Just something to think about.

thanks guys. theres a house at the head of the dirt road where a guy and his wife live all year round i havent seen him in years but when i was there earlier this week i stopped and talked to him let him know i was gonna be purchasing the place and if he can keep an eye on things. my grandmother use to always plow the lane and his drive way and once i get the get the place ill do the same i know he always apreciated that.

thanks guys. theres a house at the head of the dirt road where a guy and his wife live all year round i havent seen him in years but when i was there earlier this week i stopped and talked to him let him know i was gonna be purchasing the place and if he can keep an eye on things. my grandmother use to always plow the lane and his drive way and once i get the get the place ill do the same i know he always apreciated that.

Perfect. Just make sure you make it a regular stop and bring some goodies when you go up to give him some incentive to keep looking after the place.