How often do you check your Trail Cams?

13 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Care to share the card reader you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super easy to use as plugs right in charge port,inexpensive. not sure if they make them for devices other than android,i would assume so.got mine 2 1-2 yrs ago and hasnt failed me yet.notice other places carry them too

https://m.fieldandstreamshop.com/p/hme-sd-card-reader-android-18hmeuhmndrdcrdrdtch/18hmeuhmndrdcrdrdtch?camp=SEM:FNS_92700040576690722_nonbrand_pla-562973300528&gclid=Cj0KCQjwhb36BRCfARIsAKcXh6EsoGvooAgeRyi1L_avD7SaEksoph6TCPVYHAodJhWmUtzhrGo_mvUaAobIEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

How do you check your cams and manage your pics? Load to a computer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull card, load to pc,save a couple that catch ky eye, delete rest,  I'll check. 5 or 6 cams a day , that takes me 4 or 5 days  to check them all,  I do. Them according to areas, they are in , around house, across street, top of hill , bottom of hill , across next road. , and now I check. Cams I put up for neighbor as well. , so. 6 spots  total in groups of cams. 

Wish someone came up with software for a quick  edit/save  but I havent seen any yet, I scroll thru pic on oc using extra large thumbnails is fastest way ,but you can lose deer in background so. The is still a lot of one by one photo examining.. takes annhour to hour and a half oer check to go. Thru them.all.. 

• Like 1

On 8/30/2020 at 11:38 AM, fasteddie said:

My Walworth cams get checked every 3 - 4 weeks .

My Geneseo cams are 50 miles away and get checked whenever I can get there . The last time was a 3 month period . The weeds , etc grew up and triggered the cams . I had a lot of pics of nothing but did have many good pics .

i think 3-4 is better than 2 weeks some are posting. What are you gaining checking that much other than scratching an itch?

During the season I would only pull the ones near the stand i'm hunting and not go traipsing all through the woods. 

I check at least every other week.  I throw the kiddo in a backpack and we hike the loop between 3 cameras.

It's nice to get out there and inspect everything plus I enjoy the pics.  There's tons of deer there, and I'v never had an issue putting meat in the freezer.

If it costs me a smart old buck... that's fine with me.  

IMAG0466.JPG

IMG_9159.PNG

IMAG0421.JPG

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Belo said:

i think 3-4 is better than 2 weeks some are posting. What are you gaining checking that much other than scratching an itch?

During the season I would only pull the ones near the stand i'm hunting and not go traipsing all through the woods. 

My cards would be filled in 10 days and yes in could go to a 32 mb card. But I'd still get less than 2 weeks out of it. One today had 3468 photos on it in 5 days.. .  But cards are not out in the woods. Nor do I have to do more than drive up swap card and leave.