Praying for snow for the final weekend!

nygooseduster26

Well guys, its been a rough season thus far. I managed to get a six point with a bow on 11/13 and i've only been able to go on 4 sits since gun season opened! I managed to take a buck on thanksgiving day that was 6.5 years old but unfortunately someone had already taken a shot on the buck and hit him high in the shoulder and he acquired gang green and the infection spread through the whole deer and he was no good! :( DEC issued me a letter saying my buck tag was still valid. He was a buck we definately wanted out of our gene pool on that property but i still wish it didnt happen the way that it did. His dressed weight was 154 lbs. He was a 4 point and on his left side he was 14 1/4" and on the right side he had a 15 1/8" with a split brow tine, his tips literally overlapped over eachother by over an inch. It looked like he had a halo walkin across the field. 187 yards, the .222 put a perfect shot right through both lungs and he went 35 yards and flipped over. I've only had one hunt since then with no luck. I am taking off work saturday so i am hoping the weather stays at it is supposed to with 32 degrees and snow flurries all day. Any of you guys praying for some powder for the final weekend of the regular season?

Every day in the woods is agreat day even if we dont get to take a dear or what ever game we are hunting.Hope you do get and have a great day.As allways goodhunting.

i enjoy huntin in general but i can't agree with ya because being in the woods many days throughout the entire gun season and not seeing a single deer it starts to get very discouraging after a while. i wouldnt mind at all if i cant get a shot at something but not seeing a thing except squirrels just sucks.

• Like 1

I'm praying for snow this weekend in my area. Haven't seen much with the corn not being harvested last time I was up. I'm hoping they cut the fields and that big 8 is still walking around being that I no longer have my DMP to use. This is what I'm after - meat first and a wall hanger second:

post-1257-0-69930900-1323295400_thumb.jp

I'm praying for snow this weekend in my area. Haven't seen much with the corn not being harvested last time I was up. I'm hoping they cut the fields and that big 8 is still walking around being that I no longer have my DMP to use. This is what I'm after - meat first and a wall hanger second:

Thats a nice one hope you do get him.As allways goodhunting.

This has been the first year that I've hunted where there hasn't been at least one snowfall during regular season, if this lasts. A really crazy year. I've been in the woods nearly every day since opening day (save for a few nasty days of working indoors while it poured out!) and I haven't seen a buck yet. I've seen a few does and a button but nothing I can legally take.

Still, I love all my time in the woods, seeing all the critters great and small, even the squirrels. Good luck everyone, be safe. :)

I welcome the snow and cold weather just like all of you. The forecast is looking decent, so fingers crossed. Coming on the this forum and hearing all of you talk about the weather being weird and not seeing deer helped me. It reassured me that I was not the only full tagged/frustrated hunter out there.

Nygooseduster- sorry to hear about the buck you got and the way it went down. good luck with the final weekend!