What to do with an extra deke?

phade

I usually decoy 3-4 hunts a year to mix it up a bit.

2 seasons ago, I bought the Boss buck and Boss babe. Great combo. Apparently Flambeau had a run of molds where one leg on the buck would not screw on and stay on (the molding caused the cap not to screw on fully). Well, last season, after climbing down from the stand one too many times to reattach the leg and stand the deke back up...I called.

Flambeau was awesome...I called, the girl was friendly, and she said, "No problem, we'll get a new one from the updated mold out to you right away." I was happy and asked what I needed to do to return the old one. She proceeded to tell me to keep it, zap a screw into it or use velcro, etc. in the interim while my new one was in transit. No need to return the old one at all.

So, long story short, I've not even opened the box on the new one. The old one works fine, only deal is that the leg is screwed in and not removable.

I kind of thought about selling the new one but wonder if it'd be better to keep the new one since it is supposed to work as advertised (easier transport - relative since dekes are not all that easy to carry and set up).

So...any thoughts, besides selling the new one? Maybe sell the old one at a discount to someone or give to a kid (don't know one who REALLY use it)? I really have no need for two buck dekes. Not even sure what I'd ask for the old one.

A spare is certainly nice but it's just plastic and takes up space in an already crowded hunting room, ha.

Yes, it's actually pretty fun. This year I only used the set once since I was in Ohio for part of the time I typically use them and I had no room left to bring them along. Turns out that was a mistake...I couldn't believe the amount of decoying done there. One hunter on the farm took a nice 130-140 class with one while I was there.

I might be interested in one of them, been wanting to try one for a few years now. Let me know what you are looking to get for it. I wont have the disposable cash till after Christmas though.

Not a big deal. We can talk after the new year as we mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...

def dont transport on your quad i made my doe deke into a spike with old real antlers and had it on the back on my quad and local called the dec to report me taking a spike illegaly in an AR zone. Instead of talking like men.

I was transporting a 3-D buck target in the back of my truck in late May a few yrs ago. It had a huge ten point rack on it. I passed a Sherrif on the way home and he spun around and sped up behind me lights and sirens blairing. He came up and looked in the bed then came to the window and said oh its just a target. I saw the rack and wanted to check out what was going on. I said Deer dont have antlers this time of yr. And he actually said well it could have been some other kind of deer. I said no it really couldn't have been because they would have shed there antlers by now. Then he started to get pissy so I dropped it. Still have a good laugh thinking about it.