Muzzle loader doe down..

Grizz1219

Well.... Filled a tag with a beautiful 120 pound doe on Sunday... It was the day before my B'Day so I called her my birthday present... Passed up 7 smaller does, had deer all around me from 3:00 on... Had 3 others within 15 yards that I was passing on and more to my right when this do walked up... She stepped up on the flat I was on at 20 yards, as I slowly swung the T/C Pro Hunter over to her I noticed that in the 14 degree temp my breath had frozen on the scope!! Rookie mistake!!! Damn.. So with 3 minutes left of legal shooting light, I cock the T/C, clear the scope enough to see her at 20 yards and touch off the 110 grains of Blackhorn 209 and sent the 250 grain T/C bonded through both her shoulders... She dropped, kicked once and then just rolled down hill, ug... At the shot, the woods exploded with deer, no clue how many were really within sight, could not move with so many that close... I look at my watch and there was 1 minute left of shooting light. It was a really great late season hunt... Sad to see the season end though... No pics, to dark and the up hill drag was looming and damn near killed me by the time I reached the top.. I'm sure you can picture a nice doe though... LOL

I've had a great season... Took one with a crop damage or nuisance permit, then 1 with the bow on the opening day.. Opening day of rifle I took a nice 5 pointer, then filled a DMAP tag with my black powder and then this doe... Freezer is topped off... Ready to feed the family for another year...