Mission Riot.. Anyone have one?

NYbuck50

I'm looking to buy a new bow this spring, as my old bear is pushing 12 yrs old at this point..I have my eye on the Bowtech Assassin or the new Mission Riot. I'm leaning towards the Riot, right now because i perfer to add my own components, and dont like any of the RAK gear on the Assassins. Was wondering if anyone owned a Riot, and what they thought of it. I'm going to be shooting both of them next month, unfortunately I only will have 6-700 totalto put into this, thtas with a new (WB and IQ sight) so my options are somewhat limited. Any input would be appreciated, or any expirience with other bows in the same pirce range...

T-9 months and 29 days

Not the riot but I bought the 2011 Mission Venture this spring...I dislocated my shoulder the day I ordered it and was out of commission 6wks...had them drop poundage to 40#...then before season up to 49#'s... took 2 deer with it this year...luv this bow...fast quiet and light

Id buy a 1 or 2 year old used top end bow instead of a new lower end one. Take a peek at Archerytalk.com classifieds. I picked up a 2010 Hoyt Maxxis last year (2011) for a song and a dance. Bow's values drop big time when they are used.

Just make sure to go shoot the same model at a shop first.

Doc, it's almost as bad as recent band names and MMA fighter nicknames. "New music from blowtorch!" "fart crutch" (switchfoot, killswitch engage, etc.) There is actually a fighter who's nickname is "insert scary nickname"! Def. a pet peeve of mine. LOL!

Hey buddy, back off Killswitch, those guys kick ass. Seen them in concert a couple of years ago. : )

• Like 1

You can usually tell how well they are taken care of, just look for marks on the cams, riser, etc. Archerytalk is pretty good about policing sellers on bad deals, etc. and 99% of the guys on there want to keep their good itrader ratings, so look for someone with all positive feedback and dont buy from someone with no rating and you should be fine.

BTW, there are alot of "used" bows on there that are actually brand new bows with less than 100 shots on them. There are alot of guys with new bow addictions and they buy the latest and greatest, shoot it a few times and sell it to buy another model of latest and greatest. Its kind of funny actually.

Not necessarily where i'd hope this post would go, but its sure got me laughin. lol. The used bow was interesting, i've always been a little leary about buying used bc id be afraid the previous ower didnt take care of it.

Sorry for mis-directing your thread ....... I just couldn't help myself ..... lol.

Sorry for mis-directing your thread ....... I just couldn't help myself ..... lol.

Not at all, can always use a good laugh.. I spent some time on the AT classifieds last night, you guys weren't kidding.. Several 2010 bows for 3-400 under what theyd cost in the store..

Thanks for the help