New to Me Northwind Longbow

SteveMcD

Hi, Fasteddie... yeah traditional archery is an addiction! Here are the arrows I made for 2012. They are Lodgepole Pine shafts, the crown is dyed using RIT Dye and de-natured Alcohol (the crown is actually darker than the picture - camera flash), hand chopped full length feathers. I keep my designs simple because "Picasso" I'm not.

arrows2012B.jpg

Northwind is a pretty bow.. they always look odd to me with the reverse handle.. looks like they are strung backwords

... do they feel much different to shoot?.. I've never tried one.

Yeah.. I get that a lot!!! "Stop stringin' your bow backwards!". LOL! Truth is I find it the most comfortable and forgiving design. The reverse handle fits in the folcrum of the hand like no other handle does. Provides for an incredibly smooth and quiet release. And makes for a very versatile hunting bow.

My son makes his own "footed" shafts with some exotic wood on each end . He sometimes puts a piece of deer antler in the self nock . Matt has a feather cutter , spline tester , etc .. I will post some pics when I get to my other computer .

That I'd love to see. Arrow making can be quite an Art!

• 1 month later...