Looking for coyotes in Dutchess? You may want to consider Lafayetteville MUA.

I have DEP permit too, and a mojo critter, and a spitfire and hand calls, and will bring my .223 and my 12 guage... and my new scope mounted 250 yard kill light.. and, warm camo... am i missing anything?

Hmmm. Uh-I don't know. Oh yeah-coffee!

Where the pond is. Right before White Pond Road.

Are you sure we are talking about the same thing? White Pond is down by Big Buck, Lafayetteville is way up there from Taconic PKWY to Rt 199, anyway, this is what I normally do, enter from Wilbur Flats Rd, half way through there is a parking on the right, then I cut through the woods to catch the opening behind the hill...check this location: 41.979672,-73.734784...that road may be closed during winter and heavy snow so another alternative is Shore Drive in the back but that has some residents there so not sure...

Are you sure we are talking about the same thing? White Pond is down by Big Buck, Lafayetteville is way up there from Taconic PKWY to Rt 199, anyway, this is what I normally do, enter from Wilbur Flats Rd, half way through there is a parking on the right, then I cut through the woods to catch the opening behind the hill...check this location: 41.979672,-73.734784...that road may be closed during winter and heavy snow so another alternative is Shore Drive in the back but that has some residents there so not sure...

Yea, they are two different places I was referring to. I figured if you were going on your own, then the DEP properties in East Fishkill may be closer to home. As for Lafayetteville, I also run Taconic to the 199 exit. Wilbur Flats Road is closed during the winter. I park by the main fields.

OK. When i went to layfetteville I was way up on the upper hill and had them come to the field were the parking lot is in the field. I would put someone way up top to just call,one person in the middle field and drop someone off on the parkway and walk up wilbur flats road. You would have to be very stealth and make sure your in a great position. Just my opinion. Taconic hereford has them aswell. the last 2 times I been there they have opened up. Was going to start baiting this week but weather not good. Wanted to go tonight but wind is much and just lazy now.

Guys, if you want a spot to hunt coyotes, you may seriously want to consider Lafayetteville MUA. I went over there today for small game, and the coyote, and fox tracks were ridiculous, to say the least-the coyotes being the most prevalent. It was the damnedest thing I'd ever seen. We all know how deer have "runs". Well, there were coyote "runs". I've never seen so many tracks in my life! It is something that avid 'yote hunters may want to consider.

Up in the Albany area at the Albany Pine Bush the other day I saw the same thing. You could see the deer tracks and there were 'yote and/or fox tracks everywhere. I followed some of the runs to squirrel trees, but from the amount I saw Im guessing they arent too successful. I dont think it gets hunted that heavy for predaotrs over there or even if the regs would allow for a successful hunt.