Best place to find available lease

1 hour ago, suburbanfarmer said:

Its tough to go in with some one. We all have different goals and styles

Some are conservationists , to torphy hunters while others are meat hunters. Finding the right match is tough. Struggling myself to find that mythical magical medium.

i find it less complicated than others. Doe are always open season and don't shoot bb's or yearling bucks. Some may take it further and limit no does during the rut or restrict even 2.5's but I think just limiting yearling bucks will allow meat hunters and trophy hunters to be happy so long as the doe pop is large and healthy.

• Like 1

Some are conservationists , to torphy hunters while others are meat hunters. Finding the right match is tough. Struggling myself to find that mythical magical medium.

True .. I’m more of a meat hunter I guess , while it’s nice to kill a buck I’ll take a big doe too..

I really only need one deer a year to last my wife and I 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Belo said:

i find it less complicated than others. Doe are always open season and don't shoot bb's or yearling bucks. Some may take it further and limit no does during the rut or restrict even 2.5's but I think just limiting yearling bucks will allow meat hunters and trophy hunters to be happy so long as the doe pop is large and healthy.

I know couple of guys who wont let you shoot a doe at all, saying the herd needs to grow. So there are always exceptions ;)

2 hours ago, suburbanfarmer said:

Some are conservationists , to trophy hunters while others are meat hunters. Finding the right match is tough. Struggling myself to find that mythical magical medium.

Let's make hunting camp, ill show you thousands upon thousands of acres of basically unpressured land. We can build camp or get permits to be there for weeks at a time. 

• Like 1

I know couple of guys who wont let you shoot a doe at all, saying the herd needs to grow. So there are always exceptions ;)

my guess they're 50+? that's a very antiquated thought process disproven time and time again by biologists. All that said, yes some areas have a low pop, but it's almost always better to shoot a doe than it is a small buck.

2 minutes ago, Belo said:

my guess they're 50+? that's a very antiquated thought process disproven time and time again by biologists. All that said, yes some areas have a low pop, but it's almost always better to shoot a doe than it is a small buck.

Polar opposites, one is 80 and then other 32 yrs old. But its their land so their choice. Neighbors on each side :P 

22 minutes ago, suburbanfarmer said:

Sign me up for bow season

Here's some of it. I grew up in it. Spent my life hunting and hiking it and I know its pressured less then my lease. If you understand how to scout and hunt at the same time it only takes a couple seasons to start killing and seeing lots of game. I will say it gets more competitive during gun season but usually you can just hunt around the other hunters.  You never have to sit the same stand twice. Check out swamp-bucks posts he gets it.

Screenshot_20201216-140511.jpg

• Like 1