Copper solvent safe for wood stocks

ATbuckhunter

What gun is it ?  I  think every one of the good solvents will have that warning on the label not to get it on the wood or synthetic stock . Just wipe it off quick if any gets on it. If you use a gun cleaning stand  just have the barrel pointing downward and stuff a cloth in the action so it cant drip down into the forearm from the chamber . You should fine. I use Birchwood Casey 2 in 1 bore cleaner which is very strong and I haven't had any issues. Shooters Choice is the same chemical composition but much weaker . The trick to getting  heavy fouling out is run soaked patch through the barrel and let it sit for 20 min or so and let the cleaner loosen and dissolve the copper and lead before you scrub it . On real bad barrels I've cleaned for friends on mine on some used firearms they bought , I had to do it twice . But the end result was a spotless bore. Good luck with it. 

On 12/21/2020 at 7:22 PM, ATbuckhunter said:

Title pretty much says it, but does anyone know of a copper solvent that doesnt destroy wooden stocks? I have some bad copper fouling that needs to be taken care of, but I have a wood stock and dont want to ruin it 

If it's a bolt action pick up a bore guide they work great for keeping solvent where it belongs in the barrel.I like the possum hollow with the o-ring.

POSSUM HOLLOW O-RING BORE GUIDE | Brownells

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rachunter said:

If it's a bolt action pick up a bore guide they work great for keeping solvent where it belongs in the barrel.I like the possum hollow with the o-ring.

POSSUM HOLLOW O-RING BORE GUIDE | Brownells

I was actually thinking about getting one to avoid the hassle of worrying about my stock 

• Like 1