Food for Thought

The way I see it, from a domestic and foreign policy standpoint, the Trump administration performed pretty well. Lets compare things in a couple of years, and see where we are with the Biden Administration and see what they do.

Hopefully we will be able to discuss the issues in a couple of years, without government interference. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rachunter said:

This is why I posted in this thread.I've been reading along trying to understand what i'm missing.For the last year i've been listening to both side and trying not to let the media influence me,but i'm definitely missing something here.I understand that there are people that vote republican/democrat no matter who it is.I have an uncle the would vote for the devil himself if he was running for his party.I never payed no mind to Trump until he announced that he was running for president,my first thought was WHAT this is a joke then i listen to what he had to say and felt if he can do half of what he said it would be great for this country.I personally felt Clinton had to much bad baggage from her past.I also understand there are a LOT of people that voted against Trump and not for Biden.

Anyway keep this in mind,I'm a 54 year old uneducated blue collar worker.

It's my understanding that this party wants to change America.Change it to what and why? This is there greatest country in the world or no one would be trying so hard to get into and other country's ether looking up too or trying to defeat.

Please excuse me i have a hard time putting my thoughts into words,but take a minute and try to explain what you see and i don't please 

The only thing I can offer is to encourage you to be a bit more critical when you hear things like “they want to change this country” especially when it comes from someone that wants to make her “great again.” Isn’t she already great? These are meaningless tag lines that are used to divide us and to politicize ideas for  political gain. 

“They don’t love America!” or “that’s unAmerican” are ridiculous accusations that you’ll often hear politicians say. Don’t fall for it. Realize that they’re creating an adversarial us vs. them. It’s a very useful and effective political tactic but it doesn’t help any of us.

Try to find the actual dividing line and see where you fall. For instance, let’s look at masks. There’s scientific consensus that wearing them can help slow the spread of the virus and perhaps save grandma’s life. Yet you don’t see actual debate about the data and about the effectiveness of masks. The conversation becomes a convoluted mess about being submissive to authorities and complaints about the government taking away your freedom because they’re forcing masks on you. Tucker Carlson is not going to draw in viewers if he hosts experts to discuss fluid dynamics. It’s a lot more entertaining to have a lunatic screaming about how mask mandates are a violation of your fundamental rights.  Conversations about mask mesh density is much less immediately compelling than “they want to change America and make us mask-wearing faceless sheep.” 

• Thanks 1

Wasn't it Obama who professed "fundamentally transforming America"?  And nobody was encouraged to be critical about his statement?  They should have been.  He preached "Hope & Change", but nobody ever asked what he was hoping for or what he wanted to change.  In hindsight, we now know we should have.

Cuomo and a few other Democrat leftists said "America was never great".

A lot of good points in your post but your aim is 180 degrees off.

As far as masks go, its tantamount to helmets and seat belt laws.  Does the government have the authority to impose such laws?  That is the issue.

• Like 1