Do you think this happens in a attempt to break deer trophy records?

phantom

18 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

Seeing though I am involved in the industry I know for 100% fact that many have harvested bucks behind wire and claimed them to be wild harvested. But the only state that a landowner can buy a deer from a farm and release it in their property is Texas. Every other state has permit records and inventory of farms. To get a permit one has to have a license to raise Whitetail’s.        Now if it was legal to do.....And some do it anyways... I would not hesitate to release a few 2-300 inch genetics buck and doe fawns out to run free on our 900 plus acres of unfenced property.  On the other hand someone would have to be sitting good in their money department because those same fawns would in turn bring in 10-12 grand and 4-5 grand each respectively.        

Which would produce more chance of a exceptional  buck offspring  releasing   a high fence doe with good genetics for horn or  a buck into the wild ?

5 hours ago, cbyzerman said:

I know a lot of people would do a lot to shoot a trophy whitetail but buying a live one and putting on your property... You know how much those deer cost?

Well there are people that  spend tens of thousands to go hunting all over the world  across the country so there is a market for it I guess . people also buy lots of land just to hunt on which cost lots of money someone may decide  what is on there is not big enough and start stocking it you got enough land in remote area with good food sources  you don't really need a fence to get the deer to stay  around really .

Edited by phantom

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Which would produce more chance of a exceptional  buck offspring  releasing   a high fence doe with good genetics for horn or  a buck into the wild ?

That would be a tough call. The doe puts more than half into the offspring. In an area of already decent genetics I would say a strong blooded buck would give more to the herd as many of the local does would already be decent. Deer behind fence even though great blood have the advantage of solid steady food source and a stress free life for the most part.  

• Like 3