Wtb...Bow Mount Trolling Motor

[mention=5688]chrisw[/mention].  Did you upgrade your trolling motor on new boat and have to sell the one that came with it?  
I had to do that when I got my tracker last year.  

@Robhuntandnfish what did upgrade too?
Your rig is much newer than mine but very similar size and specs if I remember correctly. What are the must haves in a bow mount that you would recommend.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, mlammerhirt said:

@Robhuntandnfish what did upgrade too?
Your rig is much newer than mine but very similar size and specs if I remember correctly. What are the must haves in a bow mount that you would recommend.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

i have the 12 Volt and it has been plenty of power for a days fishing so far.  For me a must have now is the Ipilot.  It def raises the expense a bit but it is a game changer for walleye fishing.  At least for how i do it.  I got the foot pedal with it too which now i wish i hadnt. After using the hand held remote I just use that now and the foot pedal cost me another $400. I have the minn kota but also hear motor guide works well.  They are both similairly priced.  this is one I got but i got the foot pedal.  https://mk.factoryoutletstore.com/details/418675/minn-kota-1358805.html?category_id=20841&catalogitemid=384903

if fishing the high seas of Erie and Ontartio I would suggest maybe going for one with higher lb thrust, unless you have a dedicated gas motor for trolling. 

[mention=5688]chrisw[/mention].  Did you upgrade your trolling motor on new boat and have to sell the one that came with it?  
I had to do that when I got my tracker last year.  

Yea I upgraded the head to an ipilot for around $450. If that wasn't an option I would've definitely been selling it for an upgrade. I figured I'll run this trolling motor for the summer and upgrade before next spring to a 70 lb 24V system.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yea I upgraded the head to an ipilot for around $450. If that wasn't an option I would've definitely been selling it for an upgrade. I figured I'll run this trolling motor for the summer and upgrade before next spring to a 70 lb 24V system.

I'm doing this before ice out. I got a sweet deal on a new MK Powerdrive if I add the head I'll still have saved close to $600

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

I'm doing this before ice out. I got a sweet deal on a new MK Powerdrive if I add the head I'll still have saved close to $600

I generally hate the term "game changer" because it's used way too much but if I were to use it, it would be about ipilot. Spot lock has to be one of the best things to come about in fishing in a long time. The head swap out is like a 10 minute job too, super easy.

• Like 3

I generally hate the term "game changer" because it's used way too much but if I were to use it, it would be about ipilot. Spot lock has to be one of the best things to come about in fishing in a long time. The head swap out is like a 10 minute job too, super easy.

Completely
Agree, it's a GameChanger. I've seen it in action quite a bit on friends boats

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

That will be handy to have for your inevitable engine troubles.  

@Pygmy Am I right?

11 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

You guys were supposed to be the eyes and ears of the operation!

Well, my hearing is shot, and Pygmy’s eyes are cloudy from early morning beers, so you have a pretty weak crew to start with!