Huge fight looms over raising taxes

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/huge-fight-looms-over-raising-taxes/ar-BB1eDssX?ocid=SL5GDHP&li=BBnb7Kz

The article states “Washington is gearing up for a battle over raising taxes as President Biden looks for a way to pay for his agenda” 

The article states “Biden proposed a slew of tax increases during his presidential campaign that are expected to be on the table as part of the discussions.” 

Biden, just another TAX and SPEND politician. 

Another Biden failure.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ADK Native said:

Biden, just another TAX and SPEND politician. 

The sad part is he wants to put a big tax on big businesses which will in turn slow down hiring and probably cause work force reductions, hiring freezes, and more unemployment. 

Interest rates are climbing fast, along with gas prices, and other necessities. I am no economist but I have traveled this road before and it wasn't pretty.  Hard times are ahead.

Edited by Steve D
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steve D said:

The sad part is he wants to put a big tax on big businesses which will in turn slow down hiring and probably cause work force reductions, hiring freezes, and more unemployment. 

Interest rates are climbing fast, along with gas prices, and other necessities. I am no economist but I have traveled this road before and it wasn't pretty.  Hard times are ahead.

And companies will again look to manufacture overseas for cheaper wages and less taxes (Ol China Joe) and increase unemployment here .... evil circle !

• Like 2

Just now, GreeneHunter said:

And companies will again look to manufacture overseas for cheaper wages and less taxes (Ol China Joe) and increase unemployment here .... evil circle !

You are correct. Every thing that was gained in last four years will be wiped out in months. Manufacturing jobs will disappear faster than ammo.:unsure:

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

Still have a hard time believing this is what the American people wanted....

Me too, but I guess the majority want higher taxes. The majority doesn't even seem to mind high gas prices. Getting close to $3.00/gallon for me. And I heard yesterday that congress is considering increasing the federal gas tax very soon. Apparently the majority thinks we should be paying even more for gas.

24 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Me too, but I guess the majority want higher taxes. The majority doesn't even seem to mind high gas prices. Getting close to $3.00/gallon for me. And I heard yesterday that congress is considering increasing the federal gas tax very soon. Apparently the majority thinks we should be paying even more for gas.

Maybe we have gotten to the point where the majority don't pay taxes. 

41 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

Still have a hard time believeing this is what the American people wanted....

33 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Unfortunately people didn't vote on the issues they voted on emotions. With the media, democrats, and others, painting the picture Trump was a dick and incompetent, voters didn't realize the change they so much wanted would not be the change to make us better as a country.

Trump did and said a lot of things that pissed off a lot of people but was always focused on the plan to make America first and better than we were.

The vision of the current administration will lead us down a very disappointing path and the American people will pay a high price for it in so many ways.

• Like 6

Also read this morning that Biden has put a gag order on the border patrol so they cannot speak to the media regarding issues at the border. All we will be allowed to hear is what he wants reported, the media reports, and how poorly the people crossing the border are being treated.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Also read this morning that Biden has put a gag order on the border patrol so they cannot speak to the media regarding issues at the border. All we will be allowed to hear is what he wants reported, the media reports, and how poorly the people crossing the border are being treated.

Another step closer to China

• Sad 1