Box of Remington Nitro Turkey 12 Guage Number 5's

I have a box of Remington Nitro Turkey 12 Guage Number 5's with 8 of 10 shells left in it. Information on the side of the box is as follows: 12 Gauge, 3 inch Length, 1210 Velocity FPS, 1 7/8 Oz. Shot, #5 Shot.  I know that many are having a hard time finding ammo, so I thought I would list it here. I am not looking to make money on it, hoping to maybe find somebody with some old Turkey & Turkey Hunting magazines to trade with. (They must be in good shape and ones I do not have) I had offered it to another member here that I am also on another site with but he was set so since I can't sell them out of NY I thought I would try this. I think we should try to help one another with this craziness going on, not try to price gauge one another like I have been seeing everywhere. I am a firm believer in sportsmanship, so lets do the sportsman like thing and help one another out. Stock picture. I am going to be leaving for church shortly but will check back when I get home.

Remington ammo.jpg

• Like 6

After much looking, I finally found some 3 1/2" turkey loads that I patterned out of my Supernova yesterday with an extra full choke. Now I can clap behind my back with my shoulder blades. Turkeys have nothing to fear from me...chances are low that I will have the courage to pull the trigger again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Otto said:

I have several old issues of Fur Fish Game, if your interested in those.  I am set with Turkey loads, just want to pay something a little forward.  

I am looking for a particular issues that had a venison jerky recipe, I do not remember the issue though, just went and looked at my mount and it was taken 11/1/98 so it would be before then. I remember a lot of the ingredients, brown sugar, ginger, liquid smoke, hot sauce, pepper and Southern Comfort. Wish I could find it again, best jerky I have ever had. A friend that passed had the recipe.

11 hours ago, knehrke said:

After much looking, I finally found some 3 1/2" turkey loads that I patterned out of my Supernova yesterday with an extra full choke. Now I can clap behind my back with my shoulder blades. Turkeys have nothing to fear from me...chances are low that I will have the courage to pull the trigger again. 

Well best of luck to you and just put some duct tape on that shoulder and it will be good as new.

31 minutes ago, Sir-diealot said:

I am looking for a particular issues that had a venison jerky recipe, I do not remember the issue though, just went and looked at my mount and it was taken 11/1/98 so it would be before then. I remember a lot of the ingredients, brown sugar, ginger, liquid smoke, hot sauce, pepper and Southern Comfort. Wish I could find it again, best jerky I have ever had. A friend that passed had the recipe.

I’ll look through those issues.  They belonged to a friend of mine that passed away, so it would be something for our friends to still share with us while they are passed!

But I found this recipe online that matches all those ingredients! 

https://venisonthursday.com/bourbon-deer-jerky-homemade-snacks-you-will-want-to-hide

Edited by Otto
  • Like 1

I’ll look through those issues.  They belonged to a friend of mine that passed away, so it would be something for our friends to still share with us while they are passed!
But I found this recipe online that matches all those ingredients! 
https://venisonthursday.com/bourbon-deer-jerky-homemade-snacks-you-will-want-to-hide

Looks very much like it, minus the ginger and I do not remember sodium nitrate.

Sent from my S30U+ using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...