Right now in NY you can stay home and collect up to $800 a week.
Mon, May 10, 2021, 

Joe Biden
742a749529d6a0d0bb86ba9c719c2ade

President Biden on Monday claimed that generous unemployment benefits are not incentivizing people to remain out-of-work, arguing that Americans would return to the workforce for a “decent wage,” but nevertheless said that the administration would take action to push would-be workers to accept job offers instead of staying home.

“People will come back to work if they’re paid a decent wage,” Biden said in an address on the economy at the White House. “My expectation is that, as our economy comes back, these companies will provide fair wages and safe work environments. And if they do, they’ll find plenty of workers.”

• Haha 1

I'm having a terrible time at work. I can't find anyone. I have hired a couple people i would have never hired in the past because i needed bodies and i regretted it. Found a good person that was here for 3 weeks and left for a better job with more money. Couldn't blame him. In Saratoga county there is a help wanted sign in every window and people are cutting business hours because they can't find help. I have given everyone that works here decent raises just to keep up with what other people are offering. Of course i have to pass those increases off too the consumer. It's hard to get someone to work for 15 bucks an hour when they can get 20 bucks sitting home doing nothing......

• Like 1

Yep, what Biden doesn't say, because he probably doesn't know is, prices of everything will skyrocket when people all get paid his "decent wage" so quality of live won't chance one bit and nobody will be better off.

• Like 1

I’d end it today . Every place is screaming for workers , and if someone I hired when they needed a job , passed on coming back ,I’d be reporting them to the dept of labor . 

• Like 1