The "Plan your rutcation" thread

UpStateRedNeck

16 hours ago, grampy said:

Remember........the "Magic Day" of the rut  is Nov 10th, in these parts. The five days on either side of that are prime ones too. Regardless of moon phase! So plan accordingly!!! But any day from now to the end of the season, could be a "Magic Day" if you happen to be in the right place, at the right time! Let's get it done!

After the 5 days that I took off this week, I only have 2 more until the end of the year, one will be November 11 (hopefully that “magic” lasts an extra day) and the last will be December 30.

I still don’t know if my county (Erie) will ok the Holiday ML season but I will travel to a buddy’s place or my sisters in Wyoming county if they don’t and I still have a tag.

I have finally regained  some confidence in my ML, after a long slump, having punched my antlerless tag with it here up north yesterday morning.

Work has been super busy lately and I heard we just landed another very big job before I left for my current vacation.  For that reason, all the rest of my hunts will have to be weekends and holiday weekdays after Thanksgiving and Christmas, and New Year’s Day.

Hopefully, the rut kicks off a little early up north,  because I can’t kill any more does or antlerless bucks up here over the next 5 days.

Edited by wolc123

• 3 weeks later...

Planned my Rutcation but it ended on the first day Nov 2nd. Tagged out for 2021/22 for bucks early October in 4O and early November 1C. Got a couple doe tags but my anxiety for missing those amazing cold days with a gentle snow fall in November is gone. Bittersweet!