60 MInutes......Now

Lawdwaz

Just now, Nomad said:

Thanks ,Larry, that was really good .

You're very welcome.  60 Minutes did a good job I thought.

To a degree, I've been trying not to watch too much or read too much of the 9/11 anniversary.  I remember so much vividly of the morning; I had an appointment to look at a fire clean up in North Collins at 10am that morning.  I was preparing to leave as it was a long drive when I saw it on TV after the first plane hit.  I called my friend and told him, we talked for a bit and both saw the second plane hit as we talked.   I was very late for my appointment and like everyone else, incredibly upset. 

God bless all those people that perished that day in and around the towers and going forward with any cancer related to the rescues and remediation afterward.

Three  events stick in everybody's mind and everyone who was around then remembers where they were..

Jap attack on Pearl Harbour... Not many of us around ( maybe Doc...hehehe)  but many of our parents remember where they were when they heard the news...

JFK assassination.. I was in  Mrs. Barrow's 7th grade study hall about 1:30 in the afternoon when the news came over the school intercom that JFK had been shot...

9/11.....I was  at my desk  at work at Corning Inc's  Process Research center  when someone said the first tower was hit...Everybody in the office tuned in and watched the 2nd hit live.....