String Loop

fasteddie

I stopped at Dick's yesterday and bought some string loop material . Presently . I have an Ultra Nok on my string and it makes a bit of a noise with some arrows when I shoot . So , I have to find time sometime this week to install it , myself . I know I saw directions on one of the sights as to how to tie it , etc ........

The only thing to keep in mind is the thickness of the string on the the string loop. Presently I have one I put on that is on the thin side and I don't care for it. I prefer the heavier string loop material. Usually there is a picture right on the package that shows you how its done. Just makes sure to tie a knot in the end of the string before you start to prevent slipping and when you are done melt the ends of the loop.

just scroll down to d-loop...

http://www.bowtuningtips.com/peepsString.html#top

i cut them to 4.50 in and fray the ends pretty good then heat(not burn) with a bic lighter till you get something that looks like a little mushroom head, with the finished lenght being 4.25. it sounds short and when tying it on you will be saying damn Sits this is to short, but trust me, once you got the loops in place take a long nose plier and put it in loop and spread with a fair amount of force and the loop will be perfect. i also serve in alittle nylon serving string (bout 1/16) on the insides, top and bottom just to keep the nock centered..

After I get the loop length correct, with about an 1/8 inch tag end, I remove the loop and mushroom the end with a hot knife. That ensures that the end won't pull through the clove hitch. As with any release or loop be sure to draw with the arrow aimed down so if something slips there won't be any chance of a wild shot.

Instructions I found on a site showed using some serving lie Sits mentioned to keep the loop in place . The guy in the video didn't do that and his loop moved rather freely . alt=oh Nohttp://www.downsouthhuntingforums.com/images/smiles/help.gif[/img]

once you sock it in with the long nose pliers it will never move, or shouldn't. just put the plier tip thru the loop and pull open on the handles with a good amount of force and those nots will tighten right up...