Hunter Divisivenessand its Effect upon the future of Hunting

wztirem

I'm not worried about the Anti's. What worries me, is all those Forrest Gump Shows on the Outhouse Channel and Versus. The non-Hunting public thinks these tobacco chewing yookums are "professional" hunters. Truth is in many cases they are hunting farm raised animals over food plots and high fenced range. Most of these types couldn't find their way out of my yard with a map, gps and string attached from one end to the other. With all the laughing, snickering, high fiving, poor shots and phony editing. This is a terrible example portrayal of true hunting to the non-hunting public. And since he was mentioned, "Uncle Ted" is a whacked out horse's ass that has done more to fuel the Anti's than draw anything positive toward hunting in general.

1) Register to vote

2) Make sure your state legislators know you hunt

3) Make sure your hunting club joins your county federation of sportsmen's clubs

4) Keep up with proposed changes in hunting policies through NY Conservation Council; CANY; NRA; SCOPE; etc.

5) Call your state senator and legislator when issues affecting you come before them

6) Consider how your stand on issues will affect other outdoorsmen--don't be too quick to condemn other hunters--seek out their side of the story before speaking out against them

7) When DEC etc. solicit comment on an issue, show up at meetings, email, and state your opinions

8) Take a kid out hunting every chance you get