Couple trout

nyantler

Caught these two browns tonight... first is 10-11 inches... second one I caught after trying four different Panther Martins,,, gold, silver, yellow, white... he hit the gold , but didn't take it and then just followed all the rest of th lures... so I tried a Black Mepps with yellow spots and he grabbed it first cast... I didn't want to pull him from the water so I took the pic while holding the rod in one hand and the camera in the other... he was about 14".. you can just see the lure in his upper lip if you look hard

post-525-0-76522700-1334446133_thumb.jpg

post-525-0-80943200-1334446144_thumb.jpg

Edited by nyantler

nyantler where abouts you catch these? I am from the same area and have been to chitt creek a few times and not much luck. I caught a couple on on some rooster tail spinners the other day on limestone creek near delphi. I have since picked a few of the panther martians up since everyone recommends them. Can not wait to try them out this weekend.

nyantler where abouts you catch these? I am from the same area and have been to chitt creek a few times and not much luck. I caught a couple on on some rooster tail spinners the other day on limestone creek near delphi. I have since picked a few of the panther martians up since everyone recommends them. Can not wait to try them out this weekend.

I only had about an hour so I stopped off at one of the turn offs on the way to the Falls... both fish were extremely picky about taking my lures... I just kept changing lure colors until i got thm to take one... I could see many trout in the water but they just weren't interested in what I was throwing at them.... sheer persistance is the only reason I caught those fish... I was on a mission..lol

GOOD Deal!!! I've only gotten out once so far, Butternut creek. I only fished about an hour and a half but I got 2 , real small browns and a rock bass?????

he was maybe 6" long...... Fought good!!! Thought I had a good trout...but no. Got them all on a white Rooster Tail with a silver blade...

Edited by ants

John

Fly fishing is easy!!! It doesn't have to be as intricate as many guys make it out to be...just get on the internet and learn how to set up your rod with the right lines and tippits... learn about a couple ways to make presentations on the water.. learn how to mend your line.. and the rest you will learn as you do the fishing. I learned entirely from reading and doing... it was some of the most fun times fishing I've ever had. You learn that in most streams most the fish are not that picky about what they'll take off the water.... as you start catching fish you'll learn more and more...

It's true that there are many stream and rivers where the trout are unbelievably finicky and you better know what the hatch of the day or hour is... and there are a few streams that are big enough to lay out a ton of line and cast like you see in the movies.. but thats really not how it is... trial and error sometimes can be more fun anyway.