My Taxidermy Shop

518BowSlayer

11 hours ago, 518BowSlayer said:

Been contemplating doing spray foam but it will cost a fortune. Fiberglass ain't gonna be cheap for a building this size either though. Floors need a ton of work before I can even think of laying epoxy over them. Lots of pitting and cracking from years of water leaking. Let me know if you got that meth connection... I could use the cash! Lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insulation:  What I did for my basement, which was way, way cheaper was repurposed board insulation.  A co-worker gave me contact info for a guy out near I think Amsterdam, and I got all the board insulation for pennies on the dollar.  I did have to spend a day washing and drying it.  THen dry locked the crap out of the walls, and glued the board insulation over.  I'll see if I can dig up the contact info if you're interested.

Epoxy:  I epoxy'd my basement floor before I laid the pergo down.  It was a multiple day process for even such a small space.  Acid etching then, multiple washes, dry, then washing again.  It would be really pricey with the pure square footage you're working with.  Without even considering the pits you have to work with.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 518BowSlayer said:

Been contemplating doing spray foam but it will cost a fortune. Fiberglass ain't gonna be cheap for a building this size either though. Floors need a ton of work before I can even think of laying epoxy over them. Lots of pitting and cracking from years of water leaking. Let me know if you got that meth connection... I could use the cash! Lol

Yeah nothing about anything building related is cheap. I don't know shit about floors but i've seen those garage rehab programs where they come through and grind the top layer down, fill and level and then put the shiny stuff. I think the shiny flakey stuff is pretty affordable, it's the prep part that I don't imagine is cheap. And like you said, you'll want to fix the foundation and water stuff before spending that money anyhow. 

It will be journey and I'll enjoy watching it. Keep the pics coming over the years. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 518BowSlayer said:

Almost forgot about this. Glad this hive wasn't active!2129990b112c26f85916ca74aa3136cc.jpg

harmless unless you're allergic. you'd see them around and a bee keeper will often come remove them for free to get the queen, bees, and honeycomb.

• Like 1