10,000 LB Pickup truck!

Grouse

The 2022 GMC Hummer EV’s Battery Alone Weighs 2,923 Pounds.  That's roughly a third of its 9,063-pound curb weight.  :huh:

The 2022 GMC Hummer EV’s Battery Alone Weighs 2,923 Pounds (thedrive.com)

All this being said, there's obviously enough power to lug it all around. The Hummer EV's chief engineer told us it used to pop wheelies before they tuned that out. It clammers from zero to 60 miles per hour in right around three seconds, which is undeniably impressive, even considering its $110,295 MSRP.

(God accept the soul of the driver of any subcompact it plows into though)

Edited by Grouse

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

God accept the soul of the driver of any subcompact it plows into though)

There’s already a movement against these large vehicles , part of it is reflected in their higher cost to insure them  . A number of running and bicycling groups are raising the alarm of the increased danger to pedestrians and bikers as well .

Its only a matter of time till lawsuits will be partly based upon their  height and God help, you if you lift it even higher . 

Just my laymen’s opinion .

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-safety/the-hidden-dangers-of-big-trucks/

There’s already a movement against these large vehicles , part of it is reflected in their higher cost to insure them  . A number of running and bicycling groups are raising the alarm of the increased danger to pedestrians and bikers as well .
Its only a matter of time till lawsuits will be partly based upon their  height and God help, you if you lift it even higher . 

Just my laymen’s opinion .
https://www.consumerreports.org/car-safety/the-hidden-dangers-of-big-trucks/
How much of an increased danger is it to pedestrians/runners etc? I wouldn't think being hit by a 5,000 lb truck or a 9,000 lb truck would matter much.

(Rant: nothing raises my blood pressure quicker than a spandex wearing tour de France wannabe riding on the white line poised to get taken out by a tow mirror, that I have to wait for traffic to open in the oncoming lane to move around them....)

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Haha 2