yep ,thats not happening

I did get the first discing of main plot done but still lots of "green " in it...the top plot looked pretty good and I did plant one section in clover and a little alfalfa...hoped to disc in a section of sorghum and bought some corn ...but as the title says, that's not happening ...it's been pouring since I diced it....The seed I planted is sprouting great but now it may be washed out.

I have the hang on I built sitting over what I planted and that's where I shot my doe last year...didn't the winds split off half the trunk of the maple it's in just above the stand. That and took down several other trees...I spent yesterday afternoon with the chain saw cutting up trees...if it stops raining here I'll attempt to haul out the brush from them to the fences.

It's a whopping 59 degrees here and windy...last winds did a lot of damage...good thing my squash and melon plants weren't all that big yet...wind tore 2 out of the ground...went to pick some cherries ripening and every cherry on the trees has now split wide open...even the half ripe ones...LOL...first year the birds and bugs didn't get them the rain took them out...even split I tried a couple...no flavor...I wonder how well the commercial growers are doing? Though our weather is so different from where most of them are in the state...Peas have great flavor as well as the swisschard,broccoli and lettuce...I'll take what I can get... ;)

• Like 1

Well I see they had a news story already on crop prices going up due to this rain and showed the cherries...cracked like all of mine are...my raspberries are just starting to turn and even though they'll be big...the mildew from these rains and humid weather will surely take most out...had to pick peas in a down pour yesterday before they got too big...so glad I live on a hill even at that I have standing water in my fields...

So today will be hauling tops and stacking wood....no rain predicted but it will need a few days of no rain some wind and sun to make things tractor ready. The garden needs hand weeding and man there are a lot of weeds to pull. I may get the DR down to the lower filed to clear the fence line and lane way...I could not spray close to fence line due to the grape transplants growing down there. The winter killed back tops of young plants but the roots remained viable and have good top growth.. One more cup of coffee and I'm on my way out.

Oh I've had a card board and tarp roof on on of my blinds for 5 winters now...just the overhangs flopped down but no leaks inside...but in the big blind I have a damp area that now is moldy and the walls are getting damp..That has a wooden roof(covered) the west side is where the winds blow in and driving rains...need to repair that before fall...

So today will be hauling tops and stacking wood....no rain predicted but it will need a few days of no rain some wind and sun to make things tractor ready. The garden needs hand weeding and man there are a lot of weeds to pull. I may get the DR down to the lower filed to clear the fence line and lane way...I could not spray close to fence line due to the grape transplants growing down there. The winter killed back tops of young plants but the roots remained viable and have good top growth.. One more cup of coffee and I'm on my way out.

Oh I've had a card board and tarp roof on on of my blinds for 5 winters now...just the overhangs flopped down but no leaks inside...but in the big blind I have a damp area that now is moldy and the walls are getting damp..That has a wooden roof(covered) the west side is where the winds blow in and driving rains...need to repair that before fall...

You are one busy lady.