Join the NY Crossbow Coalition!

sits in trees

I have not been in touch with American Crossbow Federation, I believe Bill Hilts has contacted them. I have been in contact with North American Crossbow Federation and there are helping with statistics and information around the crossbow issues in other states.

Watch this video, bows and arrows are not capable of this. NY got it right by putting it in the gun season.

Actually, vertical bows ARE capable of 100 yard shots as long as the shooter does their part. Your argument is easily rebutted by the simple fact that a deer can jump the string on a bow or crossbow at distances of as little as 20 yards. Do you really think you are going to pull off a 50, 60 or 100 yard shot on a deer in hunting conditions? Chances are pretty slim, no matter what crossbow you are using. Comparing target range shots to hunting is apples and oranges.

[media=]

Guys, please dont waste time and effort debating this with ignorant trolls. I spent an hour or more calling lawmakers offices including the gov today and let them know i support getting crossbows included into bow season. every office i called said there is a huge amount of calls in favor of passing this in NY..

i spoke to the senate majority leaders office and they said that vast majority of calls and letters from New Yorks sportsman are in favor of getting crossbows included in bow season.....

Edited by sits in trees

Thats funny I made a bunch of calls today and found that most people are not in favor the crossbow in bow season!!! I guess they are blowing smoke up both are back sides !!!!

You know you guy's say NYB this NYB that but truth be told there are alot of rifle hunter out there that don't what the crossbow in archey in fact they don't like the fact that archers get first crack at our bucks!!

Thats funny I made a bunch of calls today and found that most people are not in favor the crossbow in bow season!!! I guess they are blowing smoke up both are back sides !!!!

You know you guy's say NYB this NYB that but truth be told there are alot of rifle hunter out there that don't what the crossbow in archey in fact they don't like the fact that archers get first crack at our bucks!!

hi Growsalot, i know its you, luv ya....

Your bucks? Sounds to me like you have your head buried somewhere dark and stinky.

wow took you 11 minutes to see that i spotted you in a thread that you were supposedly not even participating in, Still luv ya no matter what ya wanna call yourself sweetie...

you are funny. its not her

Edited by paula

Although it is not what we were pushing for, A10583-A and S7705-A have passed the Assembly and Senate. We were opposed to the original version of these bills due to the language that eliminated early bear & muzzleloader seasons and worse yet the youth pheasant and waterfowl hunts. These amended versions will allow for the continued use of crossbows for big game during firearms and late muzzleloading season only through 2014

Since we were not able to get the Ryan bill to the floor, there is value in having the current crossbow language extended and not having it expire. One of the problems in Albany is if the current law expires then we have no current standing to work from, we would need to begin from scratch, and all the hard word and momentum we achieved this year could possibly be lost. As a result, we are not taking any official position on the amended bill.

We have heard from numerous members from both parties in both houses that they plan on bringing this back into the 2013 legislative session and not wait until 2014. Many that voted in favor of this bill did so to make sure the crossbow remains alive for the future, not because they believe it is in the season where it belongs.

Please, before you confront your legislator on this issue, inquire about why they voted as they did and inquire about their position on this for

this is just the beginning and we have come closer than ever before, im sure i speak for all crossbow enthusiasts when i say we applaud you Tinlodge in what you have accomplished and we look foward to your continued leadership in this on going battle! It wont be long and this little well funded group called the NY bowhunters inc from suffolk county will soon be overwhelmed by the 100s of thousands in NY that support full inclusion.

If anything im completely amped by what has transpired this last few months. we are in this for the long haul and will eventually win this thing!!

From the local paper today.

http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20120627/SPORTS/206270355/Outdoors-Federal-wildlife-funds-caught-political-swamp?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

After a whirlwind of political pushing, prodding and backdoor moves last week in the waning days of the legislative session, it appears that the crossbows-for-big-game hunting situation is essentially back where it started.

A.10583A/S.7705A passed both houses in the final hours of the session, effectively extending the current regulations through 2014. The current regulations were set to expire in December. If I'm reading the amended bills correctly, the new bills (if signed by the governor) will allow for the continued use of crossbows for big game during firearms and late muzzleloading season for at least two more years.

The value in having the current crossbow language extended and not having it expire is that when a law expires there is no current standing to work from and writers have to begin from scratch.

The plan, I'm told, is to bring the issue back in the 2013 legislative session and not wait until 2014.