Thought I......

growalot

illinois has a split season. I think it sandwiches their short gun season. Did you read the comments. sounded like a lot of other forums. Would love to see at least some middle ground on the issue. For my I really like hunting the rut with my bow. I bet if a split was considered the preference would be for x bows in the first half...but then thee will be the too much traffic argument before regular bow.

I searched for other Illinois articles. seems to have been a pretty even split from comments to them. probably about like here.

It seems so....but it goes to show no not just NYS has a problem with allowing them or when...but as I said so many times before compromise...at least they (Illinois hunters) were willing to compromise....

here's and example of 6:1...1/2 a dozen to another....

he move to allow cross-bow hunting was started in church by a group of older men who, seeing as they thought shot-gun hunting was unethical, wanted to be able to kill a deer humanely. This will not lead to “hordes of shot-gun hunters” switching to bow season. This will fill the freezers of some older gentlemen that deserve to be able to hunt and by god, hunt humanely.

Posted by tunacommander on June 04

http://lohv-ny.org/L...ow/Crossbow.pdf

Edited by growalot

Illinois archery season runs from 10-1-2012 to 1-20-2013 nonstop I believe. I could live with crossbow season, second half of archery season if we had dates like that.( If we had to compromise) How many hunters would be out their after Christmas anyways. Well, I know of one, LOL.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter