Hunting Shows Making Me Cringe!!

Cabin Fever

Ive only come close to shooting a bear twice. One was a small one that was following me around the woods while I was bow hunting on the ground. It kept false charging me, but everytime I would draw my bow back it would run off. I started walking back to my car and looking over my shoulder and it followed me to within 100 yrds of my car where I lost sight of it. It was a little nerve racking.  The other one was last yr when I was sitting on the ground. had a massive bear come right up to within 15 yrds of me. Had my hammer cocked and the cross hairs on his head. But it decided I wasn't worth the trouble and turned around and slowly walked the other way. Good thing for him to because just as he was turning I was tightening my finger on the trigger. If he had come 5 more steps I don't think I would have had a choice, He probably would had died on top of me. A bit nerve racking also. Especially since I was yelling at him the whole time  :)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some people love bear meat, must be you either love it or hate it. I have never tried it myself but don't want to shoot a bear either. I had a guy tell me once, the first bear you shoot and drag out will be the last. I guess its like dragging a bag of jelly out of the woods, no thanks.

I have eaten bear meat and must admit you have to be born with an acquired test to appreciate it.

As far as dragging one out, you hit the nail on the head. I helped a friend of mine drag one out several years ago and it was an ordeal for two guys pushing fifty years old.

No thanks!

jesus eruss! Did you pee or poo a little cause I think I may have had it been me.

Those werent even my scariest runins with bears.  I had one chase me out of the woods while mushroom hunting one time to. Only thing I had on me was a 2inch pocket knife then. I think they were more curious than out for a meal. I think if they had wanted to pounce on me in any of the above situations they could have easily done it.