Archery Target

thelep

So I bought a cheap target when i got my bow back in February and with the nice few weeks we had in late winter i shot the middle right out of the target. I want to get a decent target but don't want to spend a tone of money on a 3D Deer. Anyone have suggestions on good targets that i can practice with broad-heads on?

Drive down to a local Tractor Supply. They get trailers shiped in sitting on big foam blocks. I take 9 of them and stack them 3x3 held together with a rachet strap. They will stop a broadhead. And last a while, shoot one out and just pop a replacement back in. The place I go to has pallets of them stacked up in the back and are glad to get rid of them.

Drive down to a local Tractor Supply. They get trailers shiped in sitting on big foam blocks. I take 9 of them and stack them 3x3 held together with a rachet strap. They will stop a broadhead. And last a while, shoot one out and just pop a replacement back in. The place I go to has pallets of them stacked up in the back and are glad to get rid of them.

My nephew does that too! He and I have shot HUNDREDS of arrows into those blocks... they hold up okay, and like Fantail says, after awhile you just pop in a new one. They give those foam blocks away all the time.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for that tip, works out really good for me since I live near tractor supply. I will be trying that.

Thanks again, Bill.