Anyone switch back to smooth bore

ants

• 3 months later...

dont talk to loud about riffled slugs being cheaper some one might hear you also the sabots use less lead and only a little more plastic and should cost less not more its a rip off of sportsmen when i used a smooth bore i shot brenneke and a deer never walked away from them amazing holes and very acurate out to 100 yards

$3 a round for Remington Coppersolids and Dicks usually has a rebate on them. I get a good group and killed some deer with them. None going more than 80 yards. I also keep the plug in the gun and only keep one chamered and 2 in the magazine. Being as frugal as I am am the extra money puts another check point in my head before pulling the trigger. The only reason I put the smooth bore down was because it is a 1963 sweet 16 that was handed down to me and it's previous owner was a hunter not a gun collector. I love to use it but I hate to take out in the elements. There have been a lot of trophy animals killed in teh NY SZ with smooth bore shotguns than anything else.

I cured myself of any interest in that today. I got my 20ga Ithaca Featherlight out today for nostalgia reasons and promptly missed (twice) a big beautiful buck that I would've waffled with the rifle. I don't plan on ever shooting another slug again as long as there are areas open to rifle in NY.

I cured myself of any interest in that today. I got my 20ga Ithaca Featherlight out today for nostalgia reasons and promptly missed (twice) a big beautiful buck that I would've waffled with the rifle. I don't plan on ever shooting another slug again as long as there are areas open to rifle in NY.

That sux! Guns are not like wine....