Tower Stand Build

burmjohn

Like to comment on Northerner stand, because that looks like he did a nice job on that one. I'd eat Thanksgiving dinner in there, if I could get the misses, and inlaws out. Don't want to step on burmjohns post though.

That is a nice stand, love the house on there. How high did you make it inside?

John found the pic I had of nearly completed framing on my raised blind....I used 2x2's to save money and then covered in 3/4 in. plywood...Construction scrapes...the front wall is 6'3" down to 6'....I should have made it taller on the front side ...but still drains well....I'm only 5'5" now...yes old age shrinking...lol

Any ways it is very sturdy and holds against the winds very nicely....thoughts for your future building ;)

Thanks guys, I made the peak at about 6'5" and then just notched the top to make a 2x4 as a main beam running parallel, it also gave it strength and I am able to walk in and stretch etc.

John you do realize that once you get in to one of these you never want to move spots ever again even if the deer are nowhere to be found!!! Great job on your stand btw.

I built mine using those 4x4 fence stakes and it is very sturdy. The platform is 4x8 and the blind is 4x6.

Something you may want to consider - I built the platform bigger so when I get on top I can put my gear on the platform to get in etc. makes it safer in my opinion and not a pain in the a$$ trying to crawl in banging stuff around etc.

The other thing I would recommend is get some paint on there asap. The reason is 10 you want the wood to last a long time and 2) the smell of paint will eventually go away not spooking the animals.

I have a bench seat built in mine, carpet on the floor and the shooting rail to keep things quiet. And I also screwed a camera arm on the inside so I can film etc.

Not the greatest but does the job. Oh and a small heater for the cold weather and maybe the odd time my portable dvd player. LMAO!!! Yes it is sad but true!!

Like I said once you have one you don't want to move around!!

Lastly, you never have to worry about the weather - wind, snow whatever mother nature has to throw at you...just perfect.

Good luck and throw a pop up blind on it this year if you don't get done in time. Just make sure you have a railing!