Wind?

deerpassion

being my first season up here in Western NY just moved here, typically what is the average wind to expect? Now I'm no dummy I get that the winds can come from any direction at any given time on any given day , but where is the wind mostly coming from during that time of year? In florida the average wind is to be expected to come out of the north / north east...

Just look at the Big Weather Machine "Lake Erie" to the West and most of your questions will be answered.

If you are on a hilltop prepare yourself for some days with wicked wind. Remember the animals are already used to it, and unless the tress are really rocking they will move. Just set your stands accordinly, and have multiple locations becuase like I said the Big Weather Machine can changes things pretty quick.

Depends on weather your in flat land or hills...use to be in these hills a moderate wind would be W...NW...but the last few years much more southern winds are appearing...but in the hills and heavy winds...HHmmm...lets just say our hard woods look like stirrer sticks in a blender

Depends on weather your in flat land or hills...use to be in these hills a moderate wind would be W...NW...but the last few years much more southern winds are appearing...but in the hills and heavy winds...HHmmm...lets just say our hard woods look like stirrer sticks in a blender

I am glad I am not the only one who has to get past a bunch of downed trees! Seems like the Dac's are prone to high winds and some area's that are more exposed get the full force of it... Microbursts are not the only thing that takes down trees!!!