Dumba$$

Deerthug

1 in chamber.. really necessary ???

I carry with a loaded chamber all the time, I think WNY pretty much covered why. The best safety is between your ears anyway. As long as you handle any gun properly it shouldn't matter whether you have a hot chamber or not.

His pocket???!!!...WTH don't they sell holsters out there....A Gump moment for sure.....

Not sure about what this fellow was doing but I frequently carry a small auto in my pocket, but it's in a pocket HOLSTER. They make them that the gun goes in and the whole works goes right in your pocket. It keeps the gun pointing in the right direction and keeps crap from getting jammed in the muzzle and in the trigger guard.

Edited by covert

1 in chamber.. really necessary ???

when your are about to get attacked you dont have time to think, just react which means you dont have anytime to rack the slide then point and shoot. Tests prove that when their is an attacker Ex: with a knife at 20 feet away from you . and he lunges toward you to do you harm you have approximately 1.5 seconds or less to react. in that high stress environment you would have to realize the threat unholster rack the slide then try and hit the attacker. all in 1.5 seconds. Extremely difficult without the proper training. So to answer your question. yes it is necessary to have one in the chamber Edited by apoallo