40 acres, mexico, ny cheap

Guest scotchwomenandantlers

Oh, almost forgot the important stuff (easy to do when someone questions your ethics). There are no gas mineral leases etc to my knowledge. There is an old right of way mentioned on the deed from when the land was subdivided in the past to allow the former owner to his farm. I have never seen anyone use this and believe it may be obsolete.

For those of you who are looking for more than 40 acres' one of the neighbors offered to sell me his 13acre adjacent but landlocked parcel last year. I kept his contact info as I seriously considered it but as I stated previously I ended up buying a 115 acre farm up north.

I commend you for taking the HIGH road on this, my complements!

I would be interested in looking at the land. I hope I can put a treestand RIGHT UNDER THST SALT LICK!!! haha!

I can't understand why anyone wouldn't post land for sale on this site, everyone is so NICE?

Guest scotchwomenandantlers

lol kgun, actually I was trying to see how I can post some video clips from the same camera to put this to rest but gave up, think I am done tryihg to sell on this forum, will pursue the MLS thing instead, happy hunting or pic examining to all and best of luck

lol kgun, actually I was trying to see how I can post some video clips from the same camera to put this to rest but gave up, think I am done tryihg to sell on this forum, will pursue the MLS thing instead, happy hunting or pic examining to all and best of luck

Do you live close to the property? I would like to check it out! if you don't want to post here anymore PM me!

Hmmm, I wasnt aware the high road consisted of breaking the game laws.

Its funny to me when people post illegal stuff and then get all bent out of shape when they get called on it.

Im pretty sure most people started out just ribbing a little, till the op came back on and tried to insinuate that we are idiots and cant tell the difference between a block shape and an ink blot or some random shape. Instead of taking the real high road and admitting their mistake, the op continued to deny deny deny. Its like a repeat of a few other threads in the past.

Hmmm, I wasnt aware the high road consisted of breaking the game laws.

Its funny to me when people post illegal stuff and then get all bent out of shape when they get called on it.

Im pretty sure most people started out just ribbing a little, till the op came back on and tried to insinuate that we are idiots and cant tell the difference between a block shape and an ink blot or some random shape. Instead of taking the real high road and admitting their mistake, the op continued to deny deny deny. Its like a repeat of a few other threads in the past.

No the high road was the fact thae he is just trying to sell some land and is getting killed for what might or might not be a salt lick. Even if it is so what, get rid of it if you buy the land! It's not like that is the only reason wildlife would be on this property. If the mineral rights come with the property 40 acres for &25,000, good deal. my God what did he do wrong to take this kind of abuse? Did he say he was hunting over it?

Edited by kgun12

He broke the law, he should be given the third degree from his fellow sportsmen. Im not saying we should call the DEC or anything like that, but we shouldnt let stuff like that slide. Its a disservice to the sport.

I suggest you get a better grasp on what the high road is.

It's only illeagel to put a salt lick or mineral rock out on any property you intend to hunt. He said he daoen't hunt the property. If this is a salt lick and it's hard to tell from the picture and he said " I have spot many deer from this spot, then yes it is a disservice to the spot, but he didn't. He is just trying to sell a piece of land.

BTW I thank you NOT to question my hunting ethics. I have the highest respect for this sport have taught my sons and nephews to be as ethical as possible when it comes to hunting and life in general, my job requires strong ethics and high morals. Then again it's easy to attack someone when it's not face to face. The comments to this thread prove it.

Edited by kgun12

Its illegal to put a mineral lick or salt block on any lands inhabited by deer or bear, for any reason other than farming. It is also illegal to feed deer at any time of the year using anything other than cut down trees or food plots. Go read the regs.

Theres nothing I have ever said on this forum that I wouldnt say directly to you or anyone else in person.

Hard to believe we see thread after thread on here bitching about thing like trespassing, poaching and such and everyone is crazy fired up on these violations but not baiting. Must be way more wide spread than I thought.. We should be policing our own ranks and calling people on the carpet for operating outside the regulations. If you have a probblem with policing our own you ARE part of the problem.

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 1

I am honestly really surprised at the reactions on this thread. I assumed the illegal baiters, poachers, etc stay off of sites like this. I hoped that the majority of the people on this site were people who hunted LEGALLY.

Regardless of whether this guy hunts or not, it is 100% illegal to bait. Why does everyone seem cool with it? I hunt in Putnam County where there is no farmlands, no good food sources. If I threw down a bag of corn it would be gone within hours. I gaurantee if I baited, I would shoot a buck at first light opening day every single year. However, I would be completely embarassed to put one of these deer on my wall, knowing I CHEATED AND DID IT ILLEGALLY.

Baiting seems to be cool with many people here, I just don't get it?

Baiting seems to be cool with many people here, I just don't get it?

This thread is bizarre. Who are you guys referring to? I just went back and scanned through the thread and I don't see anyone defending the use of bait. What's with all the sanctimonious outrage from everyone?

I commend you for taking the HIGH road on this, my complements!

I would be interested in looking at the land. I hope I can put a treestand RIGHT UNDER THST SALT LICK!!! haha!

virgil, this isnt support of baiting?

People telling us to "shut up" or "give it a rest" because we are calling someone out on baiting is also indirect support of baiting as well as far as Im concerned.

People telling us to "shut up" or "give it a rest" because we are calling someone out on baiting is also indirect support of baiting as well as far as Im concerned.

OK, fine. But, only one guy told you to shut up. The other guy was probably just tired of you acting as if the content of every thread on this site needs your personal approval.

virgil, this isnt support of baiting?

Get over your self Sir, did you not see the haha at the end of that? That post was in response to all the folks jumping all over the guy just trying to sell his property.

BTW the Hunting guide I just got with my tags says:

Manner of Taking

It is unlawful to:

• Take big game while the deer or bear is in water.
  • Possess a firearm of any description when bowhunting or when accompanying a person bowhunting during special archery seasons.
  • Make, set or use a salt lick or other attractants,whether blocks, liquid or power that contaions ANY amount of salt, upon lands inhabited by deer or bear anytime of the year.

The is under manner of taking. If I'm reading this correctly, if I buy a piece of property and NEVER have any intensions of hunting or let anyone else hunt and would just to see deer I may put salt lick out.

Just to clarify I do not condone of have ever broken a hunting law, hell I have never even gotten a speeding ticket. So you might want to be careful who you accuse of whatever espeacilly when you don't know someone.

Have have been to a lot of site and don't usually see type of attacks on someone who is just trying to sell land. We can't even confirm that it is or isn't a salt luck and he said he never hunts it! Usually Moderators are suppose to police this kind of behavior not be the attacker. Could have been a nice site oh well, see ya!

FYI. It is illegal even if you never hunt it.

Again not that I would but you can drive around and look in pastures where salt luck are out for the cows in palin sight. The land I'm sure is inhabited by deer. My son seee DEC officers all the time at his shop, I will have him ask to clarify this for me.

Again not that I would but you can drive around and look in pastures where salt luck are out for the cows in palin sight. The land I'm sure is inhabited by deer. My son seee DEC officers all the time at his shop, I will have him ask to clarify this for me.

Salt and mineral licks are allowed for agricultural purposes, usually meaning inside of a pasture area.

• Like 1