Late summer bucks at mock scrapes

Buckstopshere

Very nice! You sure have some good bucks to look forward to this fall also!

What did you use on the overhanging branch? You're making me want to open up my mock scrapes now! I was gonna give it another week or two!

I find in very interesting how some guys have different results with the bucks reaction to the cams. Remember last month there was a video posted about how bucks freak out when they encounter cams? I don't think any of the bucks on your videos had any sort of negative reaction! I seldom see any negative reactions on my videos either, but every once in a while. I think they are cautious/curious the first time or two that they encounter a cam, but after that, they just get accustomed to it. I've been using cams for ~10 years, so possibly every deer on my property or using my property has encountered a cam or two in their lives.

Maybe it was a coon. I thought it was another buck on his hind feet, adding his scent to the mix. ?

Thanks guys!

I agree...some seem to spook, but I don't think it lasts long.

I put pre-orbital scent on the overhanging branch and use a zip-tied branch from another scrape that I find on a field edge, later in the season, inside the woods. I also swab out the mouth of bucks and does I shoot (and when a buddy shoots one) with cotton and put the cotton swabs in zip-lock bags and keep them in the freezer. The buck in my avatar to the left of this post is flehmening to one of my zip-tied overhanging branches.

If you want hot action at a scrape...zip-tie those cotton swabs on the overhanging branch!

I wrote about it a couple years ago...

www.wellsvilledaily.com/outdoors/x370508639/Bow-hunters-Seal-the-deal-with-a-zip-tied-overhanging-branch