Any ideas of how to get bucks on cam during the day?

Jba1133

its still warm, deer are getting their winter coats, much more comfortable to move at night. you can do a few things ..track the trail in direction deer is coming from and going to and rehang camera, find a food source along trail and move camera there. deer are either sleeping, eating or moving between those two areas, getting close to either will give you different times. I'd stay away from scents right now , maybe a dripper in a month or so. If you see him there at night he will be there during the day sooner or later.

Don't be too afraid to recognize that the buck may simply not use your property during daylight hours. Maybe you'll have a small window during the rut...

Many people see nocturnal bucks at 2,3,4 a.m. and think they have a shot at killing that buck during hunting hours. They fail to realize their parcel contains only a small portion of the buck's route that he takes to feed or is solely during the mid-nighttime movements.

What I want to see to really get me going, is as you mentioned, daytime photos, and also ones on the cusp of light, say within that one hour period. If you see that, chances are he's bedding in close proximity. A buck at 2 or 3 a.m. could be bedding a 1/2 mile or a mile away from that location.

Now, that's not to say it is the rule, but in my experience, hunters rarely seem to take that issue into account.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Its getting closer you should start seeing buck activity soon, Your property might not have anything to offer them, Or somthing is forcing the deer to go nocturnal, but then again most pics i get this time of year are night shots. Very rarely do i get day time pics except back in deep cover, Until closer to the end of October beginning of November,