Deer Heart Sammies, Fresh Backstrap....

WNYBuckHunter

So I am finally starting to get really excited for deer season to start. As many of you know, I recently bought a house and have been in the process of moving for over a month now. Well, last night we moved the last few things and today was the final day dealing with our old house. My fiance did the final walk through this morning and turned the keys in to the landlord. It feels like we reached a milestone in the whole process and has allowed me to really turn some of my focus toward deer season.

I have to stop down by the farm and get the final yay or nay on permission to hunt there this year. If its a nay, I have stands and cams to pull this weekend. If its a yay, I have a stand to hang and cams to check. At least I will know one way or the other and be able to move forward. Tonight all of my hunting clothes are going to get washed and my gear put in my backpack.

Today I turned in my vacation sheets (not as much time as I would have liked due to the move, etc eating a bunch up) for the season as well. Now Im getting excited about it! All I can think of is that first fried heart sammy of the year and grilled backstraps, fresh cut from the deer! I cant wait!

• Like 2

Getting excited after that level of stress is no doubt enjoyable.

When I bought my house...I closed on November 9. Um, yeah...stupid, but necessary.

For me...my truck is still in Ohio. PCM was bad. They need to flash the VIN and mileage on it and hopefully it'll be up and running. I have to go get it this weekend come hell or high water.

So I am finally starting to get really excited for deer season to start. As many of you know, I recently bought a house and have been in the process of moving for over a month now. Well, last night we moved the last few things and today was the final day dealing with our old house. My fiance did the final walk through this morning and turned the keys in to the landlord. It feels like we reached a milestone in the whole process and has allowed me to really turn some of my focus toward deer season.

I have to stop down by the farm and get the final yay or nay on permission to hunt there this year. If its a nay, I have stands and cams to pull this weekend. If its a yay, I have a stand to hang and cams to check. At least I will know one way or the other and be able to move forward. Tonight all of my hunting clothes are going to get washed and my gear put in my backpack.

Today I turned in my vacation sheets (not as much time as I would have liked due to the move, etc eating a bunch up) for the season as well. Now Im getting excited about it! All I can think of is that first fried heart sammy of the year and grilled backstraps, fresh cut from the deer! I cant wait!

Sauteed deer heart and liver - - -yummy!!

Getting excited after that level of stress is no doubt enjoyable.

When I bought my house...I closed on November 9. Um, yeah...stupid, but necessary.

For me...my truck is still in Ohio. PCM was bad. They need to flash the VIN and mileage on it and hopefully it'll be up and running. I have to go get it this weekend come hell or high water.

Yeah thats part of it, Ive been under a ton of stress with all of that.

Good luck with your truck! I hope they didnt kill ya on the charge for the work and parts.

Thanks guys. The stress isnt gone, but the level sure went down a few notches.

I never ate the heart up until a couple of years ago when some of the guys on here convinced me to give it a try. Now its my favorite piece of meat! I even pickled one up last year, it was great that way too! I dont do the liver though, yuck.

Deer heart, sliced thin with a little bit of mayo and some salt and coarse ground black pepper on a crusty white bread....YUM !!...

I also love the liver, dusted in flour, salt+pepper and fried in bacon with lots of onions...

Of all the liver I have eaten, deer liver is by far the best..Always very tender and mild...

Deer GIBLETS...That's LIVIN' LARGE...hehehehe..

Went down to the farm to day and secured permission until they ever give me notice. They said they love having me hunt and help out on the farm, and that I am welcome to hunt it from here on out! Now Im feeling much better about things and excited as all get out for the season. Gonna hang stands tomorrow and do a final run through with my bow.