Found a dead buck...

WNY Bowhunter

When I first moved to NY I asked them if I needed to have my shotgun plugged to limit how many shells I could carry and after 45 mins on the phone and 3 different people no one knew how many shells I could carry in a pump shotgun without a detachable mag. The next time I called them was after I got injured and I was trying to hunt with a crossbow. After speaking to several people and finally a supervisor and explaining that the modified archery doesn't help someone like me that had both shoulders repaired and can not hold anything up and his reply was "Theres no legislation for that situation, Archery ain't for everyone maybe better luck next year!" FAIL!

Last time I talked to DEC on the phone (couple years ago) about an issue I was unsure of, the ENCON officer had no idea to the answer. How are they to enforce the law if they don't know the law themselves??

While I know there are ALOT of laws isn't it their job to know them. Funny how some of the laws change depending on which one you talk to

Not to hijack this thread but just curious as to how you would pull a cross bow back and hold it up to shoot if you cant pull a bow back. Just curious.

I can pull up towards me because my biceps are fine other then a mild tear I had in the left that was repaired. I couldn't hold anything out at arms length due to shoulders being injured. Even with a crossbow I would have required a bipod. Sighting in the crossbow I had a friend cock it for me though because I found I was only able to get back a couple of times.