Off to Arizona

BizCT

In less than 10 days I am off to Arizona for revenge on a Tom Mountain Lion. I was there in February for 6 days and unfortunately came home empty-handed. I passed on some females and younger toms. I was unable to stay longer at the time, so I am headed back soon in hopes of getting a trophy Tom Mountain Lion. In addition, I put in for a Coues Deer Buck lottery tag for the 6 day season while I am there. Lucky enough, I was drawn. So if all goes according to plan, I will get a Lion and a Coues Deer.

Only negative is that my Guide suggested I buy a pair of snake boots for this trip, unlike last time. Walking/running 10+ miles a day in 18" boots will be rough, but rather safe than sorry. I'd like to see a rattlesnake from the distance and shoot it and bring it back to get mounted, so we'll see what happens.

270Bee for the lion? I'm sure you use it for the coues.......

Not bringing a gun. I will use the Guide's .44mag for the lion. If I do get a chance to hunt deer, I will borrow his rifle. Not sure what it is.

Get on the threadmill with those boots and break them, Callous up them feet

I have been walking in the woods, up and down hills with them. Surprisingly, they arent that stiff and pretty comfortable.

If you are going to have the snake mounted, you better shoot it with fine shot, preferably shot loads from a handgun...Thier skins are pretty fragile and even a .22 will mess them up..

Better yet, just whack the reptile behind the head with a stick. They die pretty easy..

Not bringing a gun. I will use the Guide's .44mag for the lion. If I do get a chance to hunt deer, I will borrow his rifle. Not sure what it is.

I have been walking in the woods, up and down hills with them. Surprisingly, they arent that stiff and pretty comfortable.

Why wouldn't you bring your own gun?

If you are going to have the snake mounted, you better shoot it with fine shot, preferably shot loads from a handgun...Thier skins are pretty fragile and even a .22 will mess them up..

Better yet, just whack the reptile behind the head with a stick. They die pretty easy..

Cool, thanks for the tip.

Why wouldn't you bring your own gun?

Being this is my 2nd time trying for a mt. lion, it is my # 1 priority to get one. No need to bring a gun. I did get lucky and draw a Coues Deer tag but I am not concerned about it unless I get a lion first. If I am lucky enough to get a lion, and my Coues Deer tag is still valid, I will borrow a rifle and try for one. Anything after the lion is just bonus.

Good luck.

Personally, Id rather have my own gun, that Im used to, rather than use someone else's, but thats just me.

Well for the mt. lion it doesnt matter. It's just an open sight short barreled rancher type of gun, 44mag if I remember correctly. Deer-wise, as long as he tells me the yardage of the shot and how its sighted in, I'll feel confident. Being that I might not even get a chance to hunt deer, I'm not going to worry about the extra hassle and $ to bring a rifle.

Different strokes for different folks...........

If this was a deer hunt, of course Id be bringing my own 2 rifles. But like I said, the lion is the # 1 priority for me. I dont know of anybody who brings their own gun to shoot a treed mt. lion or bobcat.

• 3 weeks later...