Lightning bug in late october or was it a tresspasser flashlight?

arrow nocker

I saw what looked like a flash light flash then go away.I sat and watched as i was getting in my stand.It would flash like a lightning bug but was bright,like a flash light.It didn't light any surroundings up and didn't last but just a flash.I knida thought some one was just flicking it on to see the ground real fast then off,trying to be stealth since it is posted ground.It went down an area that wasn't that great of a trail but could be walked.It wen't around the ridge bend.

Are there lighning bugs(fire flys) out now?Be the first i ever seen one on watch in late oct.

I know that more than once I've misjudged lights (and reflections) that I've seen in the dark and it made me do a double take. Lights from a distance can be tricky to judge... both in distance and in determining what you are actually seeing.

My first guess is that you might not realize how far away the light was and it was not a trespasser. But I'd certainly be looking for foot prints, cars parked where they don't belong and I'd also be right back there to see if it occurs again. I'd be surprised if it was a bug.

Not a green laser.Hahaha.

And it was about 100 yards off.In a valley.Pretty much a creek bed that is dry.There is kinda a ridge on the end and it goes around a swamp that is off my hunting grounds.Looks like it went past the property line around that ridge.Flash after flash like a lighning bug that was as bright as a flashlight.

Probably some one tresspassing.I looked for prints at the mouth of the valley.I wen't out another way.Didn't want to stink up that area since it is a run for the deer.Hope it was some yahoo messing up my run.Probably was.

Some years ago I was out back in a climber...pre dawn...and all of a sudden I start seeing flashes of red light...and it was moving...then disappeared for a bit then moving again....Well I wasn't about to climb down again and was getting ticked....until a couple of hours after day break I sat there thinking and looking....the lights were tail lights going up a hill 5miles or so away....LOL to my self...funny how lights look in a dark woods...in another part of the property ...you'd swear someone was walking across the field and another across the ridge...all head lights miles and miles away

Lights in the dark are tricky ! i've gone through the hardwoods turned and thought there were headlights in the field, when it was just lighter out there in the field, weird.

I've been in a stand, in a hedgerow way out in the open when lights hit me, turned it was head lights over 1/2 mile away making a turn .

But each year i do have dreams of ufo's landing in the green field, now that would be a great mount.