summit treestands-need help

boo711

i have a summit viper xls treestand. not sure what year i got it but have had it a while. it is the old version before they came out with the quick strap stirrups. went hunting last nightand whrn i went to take boots out of straps the bungy cord that goes around your heel frayed. i had to climb down with just a bungy around one heel. does anyone know if you can you buy a replacement bungy cord for this or where to buy one? i have some of the stirrups but only used them a few times and took them off. just didnt feel comfortable using them. maybe because i havent used them enough. anyone use strictly the stirrups? how do you like them?? shojld i give them another try? just looking for some help and some opinions. thanks guys!!

I have two vipers. Love them. The bungee on one of mine broke this year. I just took a small bungee off of my atv racks, wrapped the metal hooks in duct tape ( so they wouldn't make noise on the metal frame) and hooked it across the platform where the old bungee was. Works as good as new. Shot a buck out if it the next day. No noise no problem...try it before you spend money sending out to the factory. Good luck