Hunters shot at in Westchester County

BizCT

what to understand...they were stupid and shot in direction of trespassers....Then when questioned...they were stupid enough to say they shot indirection of trespassers...

Smart would have been to shoot...not in direction of trespassers scaring them... when questioned say they were squirrel hunting on private land...how were they to know others were in private woods?...

This is why hunters have to get permission before tracking....what if someone was target shooting and those two STUPID hunters walked up behind a shooting range?

And yes typing stinks so there were misspelled words...besides my having several different things going one at once...lol

actually the smart thing to do is call the police and have them arrested for trespassing. You use an analogy of you being shot at several times. I find that a bit well never mind, but in the original post I did not see anything about the trespassers firing at the land owners. An entirely different situation. But you can bet if I was shot at, I sure as hell would return fire, and it would not be over anyone's head. Self defense. Condoning or in the east justifying such behavior and saying they were stupid for admitting to it, really is quite unsettling.

• Like 1

the land in question has some interesting posted signs on it, or used to, including all the things you couldnt do on it, and it even named a single person to stay off the land his name was NED......they now have signs saying something about getting permission to hunt thier land for 5k a year.....might be 10K

Doe ...on more than one occasion I've nearly been shot on my own land...and besides just yelling I put a slug in the ground to let them know I was there....it wasn't until the gun went off the shooting stopped...should I have been arrested ?

You might want to ask a lawyer, cop, judge those questions, the answer to stupidity is never more stupidity I promise you that.

You might want to ask a lawyer, cop, judge those questions, the answer to stupidity is never more stupidity I promise you that.

I can't agree with you more........I mean when you consider some others reply to similar situations....and they found my reply disturbing....lol

But you can bet if I was shot at, I sure as hell would return fire, and it would not be over anyone's head. Self defense.
  • Like 1

I believe the word I used was unsettling. If someone intentionally shot at me yes I would defend myself. What is disturbing about that? I twisted nothing, I am not the one who said they were stupid to admit to shooting and play dumb about it now am I? But then again, I am not the one who claims to have been shot at several times.

Edited by bubba

so i was in the woods this morning with my bow and decided to get out of 1944 europe before i got shot.. heard at least 15 shots before 6:45 and even more after... went to leave and saw another guy walking down the trail.. got to talking and the 2 guys shot at were him and his brother... told me the story. they werent even on the land they were still in turkey mountian just on the border tracking thier deer... after these 2 idiot landowners were arrested they came home and took the deer.. all that was there was a gut pile... not only are they carless and braindead shooting at people. they are thieves as well

This whole scenario is rediculous!!! I'd like to consider myself a bit of a redneck, but jesus, it's 2012 people!! Why can't everyone be civilized, and when confronted with a problem, such as trespassors, talk it out, and if you can't solve it, involve the law? I don't understand the logic people use sometimes. Common sense!! Turn the coin on those two guys (the ones who fired the shots). Maybe for the justice part, we throw them out in the woods, surrounded by people with rifles and shotguns, and start firing warning shots.. See how long it takes them to fill their drawers.. A$$sholes..