This is Buck, my Deer-Bike!

BlasterMaster42

Figured you guys might like this haha! I bought this bike in July of this year. I got it from a real good friend of the family when he got a new ride. It's a 2004 Honda VTX 1300.

post-2740-0-57622200-1354030305_thumb.jp

post-2740-0-62850200-1354030500_thumb.jp

(If you look close, you can see the little coon on the sidecover next to the passenger floorboard and exhaust)

He had it air brushed by a local individual shortly after having the hard saddlebags on it. I'm thinking of getting it painted back to black, with a light metallic flake and a pearl. Not that hunting isn't my thing, but to me, bikes are a completely different sport haha! If you look close at the two pictures of the saddlebags, you can see the archer in there, and that who-ever painted it did a fair job of trying to make it a "3D-effect."

post-2740-0-84097400-1354031156_thumb.jp

post-2740-0-22485700-1354031355_thumb.jp

I don't like the giant buck on the tank.. very tacky, though the sides of the tank aren't bad.

post-2740-0-49890800-1354030779_thumb.jp

post-2740-0-70269100-1354030896_thumb.jp

It's seen a few rides. I outride a lot (safety/traffic control) with it. Odometer is just about to roll 23,000 miles. And of course, a few rides to the property with the Henry in the sidebag going out for red squirrels haha!

Let me know what you guys think!

Edited by BlasterMaster42

I had a 2003 1800S. Loved it. you won't be disappointed. Looks like he took care of the one complaint I had on the X. Stock seat SUCKS!!!!. check out VTXOA.com. those guys know everything there is to know about that bike. Modifications.....problems....and a great classified section. THey also have regional riding groups.

Good luck

I had a 2003 1800S. Loved it. you won't be disappointed. Looks like he took care of the one complaint I had on the X. Stock seat SUCKS!!!!. check out VTXOA.com. those guys know everything there is to know about that bike. Modifications.....problems....and a great classified section. THey also have regional riding groups.

Good luck

that is a great site. I wouldn't trade that mustang seat for anything!! The first ride I did with it was a 440-mile round trip to Cabela's in Hamburg, PA and back.. Didn't get uncomfortable once!!

Not my cup of tea, but some may like it. I prefer sportbikes. Someday I may go the cruiser route but I would be a fan of a stock paint job.

I have had both, my sportbike days were way more fun. B) But I think those days are gone now that I have been off a bike for a few years, but I just don't know if I would be happy putting around on a big slow cruiser. Here is my list of bikes I once owned..

81 Honda CBX 500 ($200 bike and a death trap haha)

2003 Suzuki Maurader 800, traded that in after grinding foot pegs for a few months

2003 Suzuki Hayabusa, put many many miles on that one

2006 Hayabusa that I sold to buy a camper after having my daughter. Just didn't have time to ride any more. Only got one ticket on a bike ever but was pulled over more than once. hehe

I would hands down ride a Busa again but might like a sport touring type in addition to that. I don't have to worry about buying one for a long time any how so it really doesn't matter.

Haha thanks for the feedback guys!! I've ridden rockets before and they're a blast. They kill my back tho (i'm a tall guy that busts ass at a sawmill all day,, my back gets enough crap). Im more for the longer range rides, not to mention, I dont get the urge to do 140mph on my vtx haha! Thats actually my second bike, I still have the first ('02 Shadow Spirit 750, black). It will be painted, but in the mean time, we should organize a hunters ride or something haha!