Long Island Shotgun season...

JimmyDaSavage

I hunted with them before a guy meet us at ridge in the am for let out drove us to out reserved spots droped us then drove us back to ridge. We hunted otis pike. so i learned the reservation system and saved the 3 in my party i beleive we paid 150 each.

Did u see deer?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

seriously? someone can pay me $150 i will give them a ride... lol i guess that's what they call a non-guided trip

I was told they handle the whole permit issuing stuff and they walk the woods in an attempt to push deer to the hunter.

I'll give you $300 to handle getting me the proper tags, etc and then take me to a spot where I can get a shot at a buck.

I was told they handle the whole permit issuing stuff and they walk the woods in an attempt to push deer to the hunter.

I'll give you $300 to handle getting me the proper tags, etc and then take me to a spot where I can get a shot at a buck.

is that even allowed? I was under the impression only 2 people were allowed per reservation, or are they in the woods as hikers?

"sucker born every day i guess"

Give me a break. I have been on more guided hunts in the past year than you probably have in your entire life. I didn't book the hunt. But like I said, I'll gladly pay you $300, if you can get me a shot at a buck and handle all the paper work for me.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

no problem... it costs 45 cents to apply, you use "YOUR TAGS" i will drive you the 1 mile from the check station to the property and pick you up and return you before dark..

and yes you are correct you have been on many more "guided hunts" as i have never used a guide, If i hand someone cash and they show me where to stand to get a shot at a buck i rather not go... like to do things for myself

I didn't miss the deadline. I could go through an outfitter and hunt, but I haven't booked the hunt. That was my whole point. Paying $150 to have someone handle everything for you and put you in a decent spot isn't bad at all.

Remember when you said "Randy Jones is a great guide to fish with, know the river very well".

Did you pay the guide when you fished with him? He could have just emailed you the salmon right?

Lastly, when was the last time you even shot a buck? I could be waiting years for you to get one for me.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Randy Jones I fished with in Cape Cod, never hired him...

Salmon river I fished with a buddy for chromes, not salmon that you can snag since there are so many.

Most likely if you hunted with the Guide out east you would be put on Standby, unless he reserves everyday possible under other peoples License Numbers.

Long Island Buck to Doe ratios are around 1/3 not that difficult to find bucks, during bow the respond well to grunts, rattles ect.. however during the Shotgun season its a bit different, you need to move around after a few days they get super skittish.

all kidding a side if you want a chance at Nice bucks, talking 130"-160" deer hunt during bow.

Hey biz, Danny is right about bow season on the island, you have a much better chance of seeing/taking a nice buck. By January, most of the bucks have shed their headgear.

From experience, ALOT of deer taken in January are shed bucks, the biologists at the check station seem to agree as well....

Edited by jerry

Like I said I did a hunt with him he walked us in to the woods told us to sit against trees and left he didn't walk the woods he pick us up almost late and drove us back to ridge. For 3 guys for 450 seriously its not that hard if you are intrested email me next year end of Nov. I will run through the process for you. But he never promised a buck. And neither will I.

Do they all guarantee a buck?

?

All outfitters are open for negotiations. Many hunts I have been I offer them 1/2 of their asking price, and willing to pay the other 1/2 if I get an Opportunity.

Anyway, this is off-topic now. PM if you want to discuss.

• 2 weeks later...