Marlin xL7 .223 or Savage axis??

Renegade Hunter

Well I plan on getting a new coyote gun real soon and am completely stuck between the two. At first I was dead set on the savage for their accuracy but read a couple mixed reviews regarding the hollow stock and long action. Then I checked out the Marlin, Which is an equally non-bank-breaking gun and seems to have extremely good accuracy as well as the accu trigger. And I found a good stock I can costomize it with (wooden thumbhole)... Any opinions on either would be much appreciated.

The savage axis is the way to go .I have one in 22-250. you can also get after market stocks cause the axis is almost the same as the 110 action so i was told bye a gunsmith. you can also get differant barrels if you wanted for it. but i can say this they are tack drivers for sure .

I would take the savage over the "remlin" at this point. Since marlin was bought out by remington the overall quality has gone down. Unless you find an orignial marlin serial will start with m, new remlins start with rm. Just my opinion. But savage still has top quality going for it.

I would definitely put a nice scope on it. I feel that an optic can make or break a good rifle. Probably the Nikon Prostaff also with the BDC... I do like the look of the savage axis also. A lot of people think that it is ugly but I see it as unique. And I hear they are tac drivers... ugh. I think I will go look at some tomorrow and see which one feels better in hand.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/36_62_974/products_id/70942

This is the one I just bought so my daughter can start shooting.I am going to set it all up and see how I like it but may have to put a spacer in it for a longer length of pull.The one below is a awesome deal for what you get

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/36_62_974/products_id/78182

I have looked on buds and you cant beat a rifle as accurate as that for sub 300 dollars. However I did look on boyds and can't find a replacement stock for the Axis. I dont think they make one. Something about a part involving recoil being built into the stock. I want to be able to costomize and build this thing. Make it an eye catcher. I can find one for the savage 11 but you are talking more money and the wife has me on a budget :suicide:

I own the XL7 in 30-06 and i absolutely love it. I shot it, a Savage and a Remington model before i bought it, and i liked this one the best out of them. I recommend you check them out before you buy, you might not have a chance to shoot them, but definitely feel them up a little.