Binos fog up

I bought a set of Bushnell 7X15 Binos . I like the clarity and the ability to bring things in close . The only thing I don'

t like is ...... when it's cold out , the heat from my face / eyes cause the lens' to fog up . Would Rain-X help or is there something else I could do to eliminate the problem ?

I bought a set of Bushnell 7X15 Binos . I like the clarity and the ability to bring things in close . The only thing I don'

t like is ...... when it's cold out , the heat from my face / eyes cause the lens' to fog up . Would Rain-X help or is there something else I could do to eliminate the problem ?

I wouldn't put the Rain X on them, it could damage any lens coatings that they might/should have. Sometimes I have to hold my binos back a bit or shorten my glassing session in cold or damp conditions. Are you breathing on them when they are in a resting position?

I found that if I keep them a ways away from my eyes they don't fog up much . I try to expose them to the cold air so they are the same temp as the cold outside air but the heat from my face when I put them up to my eyes causes the fogging .

I was wondering if there was / is a simple solution for the problem . I set them on the backpack rather than have them hang around my neck .

I found that if I keep them a ways away from my eyes they don't fog up much . I try to expose them to the cold air so they are the same temp as the cold outside air but the heat from my face when I put them up to my eyes causes the fogging .

I was wondering if there was / is a simple solution for the problem . I set them on the backpack rather than have them hang around my neck .

U got it, just opposite.... i keep mine inside my jacket on the strap, against my body so they stay warm. when i pull em out they are warm, and barely ever get fogged.

i have a pair of bushnell binos and my friend has a bushnell 3x9 scope and we both have trouble w them fogging up... the scope on his gun will be completly fogged up and mine is still fine (ive got a simmons 3x9) we hunted the last day of rifle together in the rain and he totally could not even begin to see thru his and mine was completly clear... also another one of my friends bought a new remington 7600 w a bushnell scope on it and it was trash, you could turn the adjuster knobs all you wanted and it still shot so far off it wasnt right, also it would shoot all over not just one place, one time it would shoot WAY high to the right and the next it would shoot WAY low the the left, it was just all over... he got a new scope and zeroed it in fine and killed his first deer with it... but im VERY dissapointed in bushnell, seams they would want to put there name on something better than a peice of crap...

bushnell scopes are good products from my exp. and if you have a problem they are warranty and they stand behind them dad just got a new scope from them after 22yrs of 12 ga abuse because it would not hold zero. if your buddy still has it he should send it in they will make it right or at least they have for me. also i belive he is battleing external fogging from body heat not internal

Edited by 16. ga hunter

bushnell scopes are good products from my exp. and if you have a problem they are warranty and they stand behind them dad just got a new scope from them after 22yrs of 12 ga abuse because it would not hold zero. if your buddy still has it he should send it in they will make it right or at least they have for me. also i belive he is battleing external fogging from body heat not internal

hmm might have to try that....